Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 07:12 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This post was at 8:32. Didn't they declare Menendez the victor by then?
Yeah, articles posted over a half hour ago were calling Menendez the winner. The NYT live update named him the winner with like 11% of the votes in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 07:20 PM

275 posts, read 213,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
Yes, Menendez 50.6% they called it
What an embarrassment!!! At times I get asked why does the populace in my country of birth (Venezuela) takes it from Maduro.; are they that ignorant? And I usually respond by saying "kinda of the same way that New Jersey voters keep electing Democrats". It makes no sense why would New Jersey vote Menendez despite all the outrage and investigation for corruption....what a disgrace.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:24 PM

551 posts, read 1,187,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGuitar View Post
What an embarrassment!!! At times I get asked why does the populace in my country of birth (Venezuela) takes it from Maduro.; are they that ignorant? And I usually respond by saying "kinda of the same way that New Jersey voters keep electing Democrats". It makes no sense why would New Jersey vote Menendez despite all the outrage and investigation for corruption....what a disgrace.
The problem is the dem machine is so entrenched in NJ that it boils down corruption and ignorance. Menendez touted healthcare on the campaign but the fact that his good doctor friend from Fl was indicted on medicare fraud of over 60 million dollars. Menendez recieved big pharma money and Wall St bank funding too

Old 11-06-2018, 07:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
You've got the urban areas of the state that automatically vote for Democrats.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:31 PM

468 posts, read 425,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You've got the urban areas of the state that automatically vote for Democrats.
The blind votes are the problem. At a general level, most people don't care to know what a politician can/will do for them. At this point, I don't even mind if the politician won't deliver. Just know what you "plan" to vote for at the very least. This was pathetic to see happen.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:36 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
I have to agree-- not talking party lines but seriously that Menendez won is truly a disgrace. Embarrassment.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:03 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I have to agree-- not talking party lines but seriously that Menendez won is truly a disgrace. Embarrassment.
he is really no different than any other politician.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:13 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Looking over results from yesterday's elections it seems in many areas democrats were fired up with a strong "anti-Trump" feeling that propelled their candidates, even if flawed to victory.

Just look across the river to New York to see how this played out. Heck even on Staten Island so called "heart" of Trump country they voted out Dan Donovan. Don't get me started on that Cortez girl.

Other parts of the country dems were slaughtered or nearly so. Claire McCaskil, Ben Nelson, and others, gone!

Am shocked as everyone else that the oily git Menendez won, but so did other equally repulsive democrats such as Andrew Cuomo.

Personally think *any* democrat would have won last night. For whatever reasons NJ seems to have moved solidly into democratic territory, and don't see that as changing anytime soon.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:21 PM

702 posts, read 539,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Don't get me started on that Cortez girl.

I know, she's awesome!

Old 11-07-2018, 02:27 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Looking over results from yesterday's elections it seems in many areas democrats were fired up with a strong "anti-Trump" feeling that propelled their candidates, even if flawed to victory.

Just look across the river to New York to see how this played out. Heck even on Staten Island so called "heart" of Trump country they voted out Dan Donovan. Don't get me started on that Cortez girl.

Other parts of the country dems were slaughtered or nearly so. Claire McCaskil, Ben Nelson, and others, gone!

Am shocked as everyone else that the oily git Menendez won, but so did other equally repulsive democrats such as Andrew Cuomo.

Personally think *any* democrat would have won last night. For whatever reasons NJ seems to have moved solidly into democratic territory, and don't see that as changing anytime soon.

IMHO:

MSM says "hate Trump" and "x" people jump hoops to comply.
Dems say "violence" and "x" people jump hoops to comply.
They both say "vote for either or a crook, molester or law breaker" and "x" people jump hoops to comply.

"X" people blindly follow the sheeple as they are potentially brain dead and unaccountable in fact consider themselves the victim.

Yes some deserved to lose IF those voters used their brain verses outside forces like the MSM telling them who to vote for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey