Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 09:56 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
If you really are, how could you possibly vote for Menendez?
who would you vote for if you dont wish to support a corrupt legislator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 10:29 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
who would you vote for if you dont wish to support a corrupt legislator?
With Hugin, we really dont know how he is going to lead. He is an unknown.

While with Menedez, we already know he is dirty.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:32 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
With Hugin, we really dont know how he is going to lead. He is an unknown.

While with Menedez, we already know he is dirty.
well, it is my belief that there is no difference and i think the fundamental problem is that people have no idea what the job of a legislator really is. to sell their influence to someone willing to pay for it. so for me, they are all dirty and that will only change when the job of a legislator changes.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:47 AM

10,481 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I am going to put on a gas mask and vote for Menendez. Not because I like him that much, there isn't much that I "admire" about him. I am voting for him because in my opinion, current Republican party is on the wrong side of the most important issue to me. I find them wrong on Health Care, on tax cuts for the rich and corporations, on environment, on infrastructure, etc. And I know that Menendez will do his best to try to get funding for Gateway. I see these new tunnels as a huge issue for NJ. The state will suffer greatly from a failure of even one tunnel. And this will affect not just NJT customers but drivers as well who will most likely see unprecedented traffic on all highways even remotely close to Manhattan.

I don't know much about Hugin. But pharmaceutical industry has really screwed America with their unreasonable, predatory drug prices that are the highest in the world. I can't vote an executive of this horrible industry into a state wide office.

Bob Menedez has been in the Senate for 25 years and never cared to get funding for our infrastructure needs, so why would he now? He's not. NJ has had majority Dems in Senate and Congress for the last 45 years, and the state receives the second to last in Federal money for projects. Putting the same people into office doesn't create results. At least Hugin is promising to take on NJ infrastructure and get Federal funding for the state.

With regards to Pharmaceuticals, nobody has received more money from them than the Democrats, I worked for Merck at the time and watched our Political Action Committee donate almost the entire budget to Democrats and RHINO's during the Obamacare era. Our companies market cap and stock price doubled, due to Obamacare. The rich were not funding Obamacare, it was the actually the poor healthy people who don't necessarily need insurance. Its a disaster but i'd like to thank the Dems and the poor people they duped for doubling my 401k by letting us sell more drugs and keep prices high.

Another interesting fact, Menendez was one of the only Democrats to come out against Obamacare, and tell the truth of what it was. For going against Obama, the Obama DOJ put the charges on Menendez that they were holding that he took bribes and had sexual relations with minors (which were true) as payback. Menendez changed his tone at the end and went against what he though was right, like usual he's just a soldier for the Democrat Party and doesn't have the backbone for New Jersey.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 10-30-2018 at 10:59 AM..

Old 10-30-2018, 11:33 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,091,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Bob Menedez has been in the Senate for 25 years and never cared to get funding for our infrastructure needs, so why would he now? He's not. NJ has had majority Dems in Senate and Congress for the last 45 years, and the state receives the second to last in Federal money for projects. Putting the same people into office doesn't create results. At least Hugin is promising to take on NJ infrastructure and get Federal funding for the state.

Not true. Federal Government provided funding for the ARC tunnel that Governor Fat Moron canceled so that he can get reelected. Canceled when the tunnel was in the construction phase. Do you think the Fat Moron cared about NJ? I very much doubt it. Now of course Federal Government is wary of working with NJ. Although I think they can count on the current Governor.

Hugin promises about infrastructure make no difference since he will be expected to be loyal foot soldier for the Republicans.

Quote:
With regards to Pharmaceuticals, nobody has received more money from them than the Democrats, I worked for Merck at the time and watched our Political Action Committee donate almost the entire budget to Democrats and RHINO's during the Obamacare era. Our companies market cap and stock price doubled, due to Obamacare. The rich were not funding Obamacare, it was the actually the poor healthy people who don't necessarily need insurance. Its a disaster but i'd like to thank the Dems and the poor people they duped for doubling my 401k by letting us sell more drugs and keep prices high.

Another interesting fact, Menendez was one of the only Democrats to come out against Obamacare, and tell the truth of what it was. For going against Obama, the Obama DOJ put the charges on Menendez that they were holding that he took bribes and had sexual relations with minors (which were true) as payback. Menendez changed his tone at the end and went against what he though was right, like usual he's just a soldier for the Democrat Party and doesn't have the backbone for New Jersey.
Maybe this is true but Menendez at the end supported Obamacare and helped broaden access to some health insurance for millions of Americans.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Not true. Federal Government provided funding for the ARC tunnel that Governor Fat Moron canceled so that he can get reelected. Canceled when the tunnel was in the construction phase. Do you think the Fat Moron cared about NJ? I very much doubt it. Now of course Federal Government is wary of working with NJ. Although I think they can count on the current Governor.
$271M was provided on a project that cost $15 billion, did you expect Christie to pull out a magical wand to make the people of the state pay the other 98.2% of the cost of $14.7 Billion? Real leadership would of contested for $15 billion and accepted $10 billion.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:09 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,091,516 times
Quote:
$271M was provided on a project that cost $15 billion, did you expect Christie to pull out a magical wand to make the people of the state pay the other $14.7 Billion? Real leadership would of contested for $15 billion and accepted $10 billion.
Please don't lie. Federal Government committed close to 4.5 bullion, Port Authority about 3 billion and NJ about 3 billion. It was all paid for when the moron canceled it after $610 million was already spent:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access...st_and_funding

Old 10-30-2018, 12:14 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Please don't lie. Federal Government committed close to 4.5 bullion, Port Authority about 3 billion and NJ about 3 billion. It was all paid for when the moron canceled it after $610 million was already spent:

If I recall and could be mistaken, Christie was afraid of all the cost overrides that he didn't want the taxpayer to bear hence he canceled it. What is true and what is not, we'll never really never know as everyone in the media, government and such have their own take on this IMHO.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:

On October 7, 2010, New Jersey governor Chris Christie announced that the ARC Tunnel project was officially cancelled, citing rising costs and concerns over New Jersey residents fronting the bill for the estimated $15 billion project.[SIZE=2][3][/SIZE][SIZE=2][42][/SIZE] The next day the governor agreed to a two-week reprieve, so that additional options for funding the tunnel could be developed.[SIZE=2][43][/SIZE] Christie did briefly reconsider, reviewing options in discussions with US Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood, but made a final decision to terminate the project on October 27, 2010.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE]

The cancellation forfeited federal funding for the project, and put into question the use of Port Authority money.[SIZE=2][3][/SIZE] In November 2010, U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood agreed to an arrangement proposed by New Jersey's congressional delegation in which the state would return $271 million already received for the project and the federal DOT would in turn put $128 million into the state’s Congestion Mitigation Air Quality account to be used on future projects. The Christie administration did not accept the offer.[SIZE=2][47][/SIZE]

Old 10-30-2018, 01:35 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
If you really are, how could you possibly vote for Menendez?
See post #19 for reasoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey