Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 06:55 PM

941 posts, read 2,303,064 times

Advertisements

Is that a teddy or a tank chemise maybe

Old 04-11-2008, 06:57 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,303 times
Today, I got an email from a coworker that his wife sent him - it was filled with guidos, and incredibly hysterical comments about them. The best part?

Well, here's the subject line of the email: Fwd: Long Island Guidos.

Its not a Jersey thing. Its mostly the New York/NJ area, with some of the rest of the northeast in the mix, but not inherently NJ - I think it came out of Brooklyn first. Anyways:

The World Needs A Stronger Blog...: Evolution Of The Guido

Guido (slang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Urban Dictionary: guido

Old 04-11-2008, 07:02 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Today, I got an email from a coworker that his wife sent him - it was filled with guidos, and incredibly hysterical comments about them. The best part?

Well, here's the subject line of the email: Fwd: Long Island Guidos.

Its not a Jersey thing. Its mostly the New York/NJ area, with some of the rest of the northeast in the mix, but not inherently NJ - I think it came out of Brooklyn first. Anyways:

The World Needs A Stronger Blog...: Evolution Of The Guido

Guido (slang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Urban Dictionary: guido

that very first picture with the guy in the white "suite" he is wearing white so his "tan" shows up more. though all i can see are his red devil eyes--anyway is that macalusso's?--lol

Old 04-11-2008, 10:13 PM

59 posts, read 105,008 times
You can make fun of us all you want but when I was growing up, I had no role models. My Dad worked his ass off and our family was pretty dysfunctional. I remember walking Washington St in Hoboken at night by myself at age 9, sometimes wondering why my life was so bad.

There was an older kid named Giuseppe that lived a few houses down from ours and he was like my big brother, if I ever had a role model, that was him. I am still friends with Giuseppe today and if it wasnt for this guy, I would probably be a thug or a gang member today. He showed me the right away and I am eternally grateful for that.

This is a funny picture we took when he came down to Belmar to a party last Summer. You can laugh all you want, but I would rather have a guido as a role model than a thug or mafioso.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:31 AM

are those your only options? guido, mafioso or thug?
you think you are the only ones with parents who worked their ass off?
why didnt you make your father your hero?! instead of the guy styling his har?
is this guy married?
i think you stated before that not everyone has to get married--but how many quality girls do you think are going to be after you once you get to be 40?

Old 04-12-2008, 02:40 AM

and by the way, i have been around guidos all my life. i see nothing special about them. i only see them to busy prettying themselves up instead of living in the real world and worrying about what is going on in it.
i HAVE seen them yelling at their mothers for not ironing the right $100 tank top or not cutting the sleeves off the new shirt fast enough, or buying the wrong product at the supermarket...
what is so wonderful and worth having pride for in a guy dancing around half naked in the middle of a street looking like a bafoon, pursing his chapsticked lips? he is too busy looking in the mirror to pay attention the any of the girls. and only a guidette would give this guy a second glance.
you just watch, in 10 years this idiot is going to have man boobs, a bear belly, his steroid (of hormone--whatever you want to call them) muscles will shrink and all he will have is his guidette airheaded wife next to him

Old 04-12-2008, 12:14 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUIDO View Post
You can make fun of us all you want but when I was growing up, I had no role models.
Someone called NJGUIDO a waaaaaaaahmbulance!

Old 04-12-2008, 01:23 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
seriously could you all stop quoting and reposting the picture of the guy in the girl tank? i am going to have nightmares!

Too late for me, they have already begun

Old 04-12-2008, 03:36 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUIDO View Post
I would rather have a guido as a role model than a thug or mafioso.
Mafiosos are just sooooo much cooler though.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:50 PM

59 posts, read 105,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Mafiosos are just sooooo much cooler though.
You are entitled to your opinion but a mafioso like Tony Soprano is not cool in my eyes. Although I grew up in the streets, I had people like Giuseppe show me right from wrong. I was browsing the guido website and found this picture, to me, this is truly a cool guy. I mean, the shirt, the gold, the hair, his style, even his bedroom got great style. This is my personal definition of cool.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey