Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:56 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,494,440 times

Advertisements

Derek lost all sympathy when he stuffed anonymous "weirdly poetic" letters in people's mailboxes. End of story.

Apparently, Westfield has allowed variances like that before regarding splitting up a larger lot into two. So it did seem retaliatory that they wouldn't give them that variance.

I think all of this hype that this street is soooo special is just another example of Westfielders blowing smoke up their own you-know-whats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 09:31 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
Derek lost all sympathy when he stuffed anonymous "weirdly poetic" letters in people's mailboxes. End of story.

Apparently, Westfield has allowed variances like that before regarding splitting up a larger lot into two. So it did seem retaliatory that they wouldn't give them that variance.

I think all of this hype that this street is soooo special is just another example of Westfielders blowing smoke up their own you-know-whats.
It's a very vindictive thing to do. So some people don't believe you, so what? Does it really mean that much to him? (Also, who went to the media in the first place so this became so widely known and led to public opinion?) People are going to talk, he needs to get over it. It's an odd and suspicious story. Especially when they pushed so hard against the Woods family, his neighbor's old neighbors, trying to sue them, and trying to appeal Westfield's decision to not subdivide the lot and build two new houses. His family has stirred up some crap, it isn't as simple as "we're getting these weird letters." And they are bringing attention to the area by interviewing with multiple media outlets over the years. Longtime next door neighbors were interviewed multiple times and I think one even gave a DNA sample. I mean come on, no wonder people are annoyed with this family.

It just makes no sense that out of nowhere after the house is sold some weirdo starts sending creepy letters to this family, insinuating they've been watching the house for decades (yet have never sent anything prior to this family's involvement). It must be the Broaddus family themselves or someone they know, either in collusion or someone doesn't like them for some reason. This article in the OP kind of tries to insinuate it's some super creepy mystery (weird effects on the photos to give a haunted, creepy vibe), and commenters are totally spooked... I don't buy it.

I really hope it can eventually be officially solved, no matter who is doing it. Despite my own theory which I'm pretty sold on, it's still got me interested.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:54 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,494,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It's a very vindictive thing to do. So some people don't believe you, so what? Does it really mean that much to him? (Also, who went to the media in the first place so this became so widely known and led to public opinion?) People are going to talk, he needs to get over it. It's an odd and suspicious story. Especially when they pushed so hard against the Woods family, his neighbor's old neighbors, trying to sue them, and trying to appeal Westfield's decision to not subdivide the lot and build two new houses. His family has stirred up some crap, it isn't as simple as "we're getting these weird letters." And they are bringing attention to the area by interviewing with multiple media outlets over the years. Longtime next door neighbors were interviewed multiple times and I think one even gave a DNA sample. I mean come on, no wonder people are annoyed with this family.

It just makes no sense that out of nowhere after the house is sold some weirdo starts sending creepy letters to this family, insinuating they've been watching the house for decades (yet have never sent anything prior to this family's involvement). It must be the Broaddus family themselves or someone they know, either in collusion or someone doesn't like them for some reason. This article in the OP kind of tries to insinuate it's some super creepy mystery (weird effects on the photos to give a haunted, creepy vibe), and commenters are totally spooked... I don't buy it.

I really hope it can eventually be officially solved, no matter who is doing it. Despite my own theory which I'm pretty sold on, it's still got me interested.
Right, you stir up a worldwide sensation over letters you say you received, but hey let's go write some creepy letters to a whole bunch of other people? Then he told the reporter that the wife didn't know he wrote the letters. Holy moly man, how about you dig yourself into a deeper hole?

I'm sure the detectives who have been working on this have a pretty good idea who did it but they may not have enough evidence

Old 08-08-2019, 12:18 PM

2,437 posts, read 1,212,637 times
The house has been sold, and they sold their story to Netflix.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-buyer-at-last
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey