Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 02:01 PM

4 posts, read 4,344 times

Advertisements

What are your guys opinion of the area near tyndale ave at the tip of Monroe TWP NJ. It is near monmouth rd and devoe lake by Spotswood.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 07:42 PM

18 posts, read 28,328 times
Depressing. Proletariat, lower working class area. Horrendous eyesore architecture and ugly, tasteless homes. No culture. Food desert. Substance abuse problems are pervasive. One of the few last bastions of actual (as opposed to manufactured) racism. Completely undesirable.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:55 PM

175 posts, read 281,775 times
^ What??? That is horribly inaccurate. The majority of Monroe Twp. is 55+ retirement communities, made up of safe, Jewish people. Monroe is a typical middle class NJ township made up of mostly seniors that doesn't have the substance abuse and poor people you're talking about. That description is an accurate representation of Jamesburg, though, which is surrounded by Monroe.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:43 PM

18 posts, read 28,328 times
You and I may not be aligned on what the scope of middle class entails, but if anything...Monroe is lower middle class. Even those whose income is truly middle class, those households are going to need another two generations before they actually meet the class requirements and fully shed their less refined subculture.

Yes, there are lots of gated 55+ retirement communities. I know full well. They are comfortable...usually feature a nice swimming pool, clubhouse and sauna/gym. Best part is the stock open concept kitchen and marble island that every unit invariably comes with. But, the whole layout reminds me of Houston suburbs. Nowhere in Monroe will you find the leafy Northeastern suburb scene. You find new construction homes mixed with crap from the 60's. None of the homes can be attributed to any particular order or style of architecture. Eyesore vinyl siding mcmansions with gaudy 2 story entrances, porkchop triangle box returns on the gable end, and other weird hybrid roof peaks. Like I said, even the high end housing stock in Monroe is ugly. The new money peeps who move into such things don't know any better. This is reflective of the unsophisticated nature of the town.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:50 AM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
People move there because its cheap, no other reason to go or be there.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:01 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Keating View Post
^ What??? That is horribly inaccurate. The majority of Monroe Twp. is 55+ retirement communities, made up of safe, Jewish people. Monroe is a typical middle class NJ township made up of mostly seniors that doesn't have the substance abuse and poor people you're talking about. That description is an accurate representation of Jamesburg, though, which is surrounded by Monroe.
LOL., that is hilarious. My sister and her husband live in a 55+ in Monroe. Neither are Jewish, nor are any of the neighbors of theirs that I've met so far. I'm sure some Jewish people may live there. Still my sister and BIL and their friends are pretty safe. Haven't heard much about marauding bands of seniors spilling out of Rossmoor with AK-47s and threatening the peace of Monroe.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:59 AM

745 posts, read 479,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL., that is hilarious. My sister and her husband live in a 55+ in Monroe. Neither are Jewish, nor are any of the neighbors of theirs that I've met so far. I'm sure some Jewish people may live there. Still my sister and BIL and their friends are pretty safe. Haven't heard much about marauding bands of seniors spilling out of Rossmoor with AK-47s and threatening the peace of Monroe.
I'm a non-jewish resident of one of the communities there and we only use squirt guns . We maraud, but we're kind of slow as we have to pull our 2 wheeled shopping cart with us LOL.

Old 12-23-2019, 12:01 PM

745 posts, read 479,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professedknight View Post
You and I may not be aligned on what the scope of middle class entails, but if anything...Monroe is lower middle class. Even those whose income is truly middle class, those households are going to need another two generations before they actually meet the class requirements and fully shed their less refined subculture.

Yes, there are lots of gated 55+ retirement communities. I know full well. They are comfortable...usually feature a nice swimming pool, clubhouse and sauna/gym. Best part is the stock open concept kitchen and marble island that every unit invariably comes with. But, the whole layout reminds me of Houston suburbs. Nowhere in Monroe will you find the leafy Northeastern suburb scene. You find new construction homes mixed with crap from the 60's. None of the homes can be attributed to any particular order or style of architecture. Eyesore vinyl siding mcmansions with gaudy 2 story entrances, porkchop triangle box returns on the gable end, and other weird hybrid roof peaks. Like I said, even the high end housing stock in Monroe is ugly. The new money peeps who move into such things don't know any better. This is reflective of the unsophisticated nature of the town.
Hey J.R Ewing, we can't all live on Southfork like you. Say hello to Miss Ellie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: