Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2jersey View Post
If I look on the Weichert site, do you think it will be posted there?

yup, it's there - MLS 2492045 - it needs a tad sprucing up in the front IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 08:38 PM

130 posts, read 290,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
yup, it's there - MLS 2492045 - it needs a tad sprucing up in the front IMHO.
That's very nice. It looks like it has everything that I'm looking for.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:28 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
If you did put the price, I along with a few others missed it, but it looks like it's good that I asked.

Shame you can't do South Jersey, you can get a lot more house for that money.

Good luck, the houses posted look promising. I would think to maybe find a new agent that is local to there. I tried looking for a house using an agent that was not local and wasted time. Thankfully I wasn't flying out.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:46 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Oh so funny, small world............No, but my daughter and her hubby probably do for sure. I was there though this weekend. She had to have an emergency gall bladder removal. I was at her home with the baby. When there, I realized that it was great being so close to the hospital and the school ,for her other son............I liked that. It was like one minute to the hospital and one minute to the school.........lovinit!
I just happened to glance at a sign up from her home, I didn't even see the house itself. But, most there are nice one level homes.........
I can't find that one on line right now ( to the poster) but here are two that were on R.........dot com. PS I got a bad mark from a mod for once putting the name. So you know right? And taihiti is watching......
Here are two ranches to look at ......MLS 2504791 and at College View area...MLS 2503897 .........I'd also ask on the Hurley Drive listing, I saw the sign I don't know if it is sold or not.
I saw some others but they had woods.......and you didn't want woods, so I didn't post them. Gosh, I hope you have some luck soon, sure do!!
PS yes daughter lives on Hurley Dr. LOL
We lived in that nieghborhood for a few years when I was in Middle school. Richard Drive : ) The wierd thing is, a friend called me to say she bought a house over there and it turned out to be the same house I grew up in!!! It's wierd going over to visit - flashbacks! We use to go over to the hospital and steal ice cream bars - it was a self serve - honor system setup in the cafeteria...we would take the ice cream..walk past and just jiggle the money bowl ...I know, I'm going to hell for it..lol : )))

Old 04-10-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
If you did put the price, I along with a few others missed it, but it looks like it's good that I asked.

Shame you can't do South Jersey, you can get a lot more house for that money.

Good luck, the houses posted look promising. I would think to maybe find a new agent that is local to there. I tried looking for a house using an agent that was not local and wasted time. Thankfully I wasn't flying out.
Under $300 with afforable taxes - I thought I put it in this thread but since so many missed it, may I put it in a different thread. Anyway, here's the price (again?).

I'm very encouraged by the listings that were posted. I won't be able to get back up again for another month so I hope they're still available by then (or new ones like them come on the market). I'm just upset that I spent over a week looking and spinning my wheels. I take two days to drive up and two days to drive back so that eats up four days in travel right there. I spent a week in the motel so between it all, it was a very expensive waste of time. I can't afford to spin my wheels like that and not get anywhere. Maybe having an agent that was local would have avoided a lot of that driving around and wasted time/money.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:20 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2jersey View Post
Under $300 with afforable taxes - I thought I put it in this thread but since so many missed it, may I put it in a different thread. Anyway, here's the price (again?).

I'm very encouraged by the listings that were posted. I won't be able to get back up again for another month so I hope they're still available by then (or new ones like them come on the market). I'm just upset that I spent over a week looking and spinning my wheels. I take two days to drive up and two days to drive back so that eats up four days in travel right there. I spent a week in the motel so between it all, it was a very expensive waste of time. I can't afford to spin my wheels like that and not get anywhere. Maybe having an agent that was local would have avoided a lot of that driving around and wasted time/money.
I don't think you wasted your time..you now know what you don't want and where you don't want to live - huge discovery : )) As with a few others in here, I believe hackettstown will be your new home. My realtor recommend that area to me for you to look in. With the way the market is, I'm sure they will still be there and I also think more will be coming on in the next few weeks. someone sent me this website and it's really a great site. Has a forum as well Hackettstown NJ

Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I don't think you wasted your time..you now know what you don't want and where you don't want to live - huge discovery : )) As with a few others in here, I believe hackettstown will be your new home. My realtor recommend that area to me for you to look in. With the way the market is, I'm sure they will still be there and I also think more will be coming on in the next few weeks. someone sent me this website and it's really a great site. Has a forum as well Hackettstown NJ
That's true. When I set out in my search several months back, I only wanted to look in Sussex. I had always thought Sussex was so pretty (still do) and would want to live there. Once I actually saw first hand how far the drive up to Wantage is from where I need to be (and did it a couple of times), I changed my mind. It's beautiful up that way but it wouldn't work for me. Then we moved south in our search and discovered how many lakes northwest NJ has!!!! Oh my. I had no idea all those lake communities existed and I had lived in NJ all my life except for the past ten years. Yes, I did learn what I don't want and what areas not to look in any longer so I did get something out of it. Plus, I saw several old friends when I was back there and that was really nice. It felt like home and there's no way to describe that. Just getting back on 80, 287, 46, 17, 23, etc. in all the hustle and bustle was pretty cool. Just seeing the amount of corporations, the job opportunities, and the potential the whole area holds was exciting again.

I did a search on Hackettstown and someone has a post with all pix in it on Hackettstown. That was very helpful. I really like the idea of a main street/downtown area in a town. I'll check out that link on Hackettstown and the forum. With the market the way it is, those houses should still be on the market in another month plus, like you said, new ones will probably be listed too (for the Spring/Summer). It's all encouraging.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:29 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
We lived in that nieghborhood for a few years when I was in Middle school. Richard Drive : ) The wierd thing is, a friend called me to say she bought a house over there and it turned out to be the same house I grew up in!!! It's wierd going over to visit - flashbacks! We use to go over to the hospital and steal ice cream bars - it was a self serve - honor system setup in the cafeteria...we would take the ice cream..walk past and just jiggle the money bowl ...I know, I'm going to hell for it..lol : )))
Funny ........you know what. The house I owned in Stanhope, NJ was bought by a sweet couple who were previously renting in Wharton........
My daughter, on Hurley, her next door neighbor at the time..........was the best friend of the girl who bought my home in Stanhope.......see the World still gets smaller.
When my daughter mentioned she lived on the same street as her friend...they talked a bit more....the neighbor explained its location. My daughter, gasped.........she lived in that home for 22 years, came into it at 5 days old.
I really hope we helped the poster. It does seem homes are selling again, but slowly.........there will be more coming up in the area for sure.
I am thinking her realtor possiably didn't work that far out. Sometimes that is the case, and they have to give you over to another agent.
Personally, I like to choose my own agent..........and not have one chosen for me. Things have to click, don't you think Tahiti?
Everything I was reading, made me think......it would be the perfect spot for her.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:36 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
OH boy, on April 12th there is a town wide yard sale..........what fun that is.
People come early to get the best things. They do a super job. We all head to Hurley for a day of fun. We meet the neighbors, walk the neighborhood..........and have a real social day.
Speaking of Lakes.........I grew up in Lake Arrowhead, a part of Denville, NJ
Then we moved to Indian Lake for a number of years. My very first rental home was by Rock Ridge Lake........my first "owned home" on Landing Trail, in Indian Lake. Denville.
My parents lived also in Estling Lake, Denville........so believe me.......I grew up in a Lake community. Some are still nice, but........I find them( the homes) a bit crowded together now that I have been further out in the country of NJ and into Pa.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:39 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
OH boy, on April 12th there is a town wide yard sale..........what fun that is.
People come early to get the best things. They do a super job. We all head to Hurley for a day of fun. We meet the neighbors, walk the neighborhood..........and have a real social day.
Speaking of Lakes.........I grew up in Lake Arrowhead, a part of Denville, NJ
Then we moved to Indian Lake for a number of years. My very first rental home was by Rock Ridge Lake........my first "owned home" on Landing Trail, in Indian Lake. Denville.
My parents lived also in Estling Lake, Denville........so believe me.......I grew up in a Lake community. Some are still nice, but........I find them( the homes) a bit crowded together now that I have been further out in the country of NJ and into Pa.
Unfortunately, the weather is not supposed to be very cooperative for the yard sale on Saturday. I'm kind of bummed out, was really looking forward to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey