Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 06:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,476,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
that fits what I've witnessed and heard to a T. Chapel, maybe if you know the family that owns it you have a shot...lol....hope my Driftwood description wasn't taken as a negative- but exactly what you said -Chapel/Sea Bright is more old $$ Rumson esp......
and yes- you will be MUCH happier if you join club friends/neighbors/school mates belong to...

For Some of the clubs from what I've learned is that if you send in the check for the year for a cabana with your application- it sometimes solves the whole "wait list" problem..Chapel prob not so much.....prob same with Monmouth Bath and Tennis.
its my understanding that the chapel waiting list just for a locker can be more than a few years. i dont really think it is worth going there unless you have friends already there. it is smaller and has less to offer. there is also a parking issue where you cant get parking for guests. so it sucks that if you invite guests and they will have trouble finding parking. the lockers are pretty small and the doors open inward so you can barely fit anything in the middle of it. it was very nice of the person to help us get in and its a nice place but it wasnt the right fit for us.

OP should try to find out what club other people they know are members of. we know a ton of families at driftwood. if we didnt have friends, it wouldnt be nearly as much fun. trying to make friends there isnt impossible but it doesnt just happen. it would take substantial effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 02:02 PM

859 posts, read 961,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i forgot this. its critical. you are going to have a better time if you join a place where you have friends. probably more important than any of the small differences between beach clubs.

this reminds me of what my dad said when he spent a day at driftwood. a friend came over to say hello and he had a tattoo. after he walks away, my dad says to me that there are a lot of blue collar people there. he sees a tattoo and he thinks the guy must be a steel worker or something.

chapel was mostly rumson/fair haven people so it was a bit more of a fancier crowd. a lot more old people than at driftwood. its my understanding though that you wouldnt be able to get into chapel anytime soon.
Life must be good if your dad is worried there may be too many "blue collar" people. My father just did not like if there was too many hip hop fans or wannabe rappers when we went to the beach, our standards were much lower.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchef1 View Post
Life must be good if your dad is worried there may be too many "blue collar" people. My father just did not like if there was too many hip hop fans or wannabe rappers when we went to the beach, our standards were much lower.
the crowd is pretty homogeneous at the beach club. i havent seen any wannabe rappers. maybe some closeted hip hop fans but they keep that on the down low.

i think it is more my dad's link between tattoos and being a blue collar worker. that just isnt the case these days. my dad isnt exactly mr fancy pants.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:19 PM

18,534 posts, read 10,473,954 times
I find it interesting ,"Blue Collar " workers joining a beach club instead of just going to a beach like Belmar or Spring Lake or Sea Girt ?

Old 12-18-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I find it interesting ,"Blue Collar " workers joining a beach club instead of just going to a beach like Belmar or Spring Lake or Sea Girt ?
i know a couple of guys that go there that are "blue collar." as long shoreman and i think the other guy is a pipe fitter. i dont know what a pipe fitter is but i think thats what his title is. however, for the most part i dont believe people are "blue collar" workers. the guy who came over to me to say hello is a medical device salesman.

going to a public beach isnt the same experience. we have a good amount of friends that visit for a day and they are having a much better time than they would if they just parked at a beach parking lot and dragged their stuff up for the day.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:41 PM

3,988 posts, read 3,539,956 times
I don't even know what a beach club is.

Do you guys see any brown people in there?

Old 12-18-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I don't even know what a beach club is.

Do you guys see any brown people in there?
i feel like i saw one or two there last summer.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:45 PM

3,988 posts, read 3,539,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i feel like i saw one or two there last summer.

Wow. That's even less than the number of scholars in the military.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:52 PM

18,534 posts, read 10,473,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Wow. That's even less than the number of scholars in the military.

.....well that is why God created "public beaches".

Old 12-18-2018, 11:47 PM

32,766 posts, read 35,986,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.....well that is why God created "public beaches".
OMG, I think that I need a drink and an Advil because I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey