Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 11:27 AM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times

Advertisements

Really think this is a great position for Christie, would of loved to see him head of the DOJ though.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1OC33A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 03:08 PM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Ex-Governor Avoirdupois has removed himself from contention for that post.
No matter what else one might say about our esteemed former governor, the guy isn't stupid, and only a person truly deficient in brain cells would want to climb onboard the sinking SS Trump.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2018/12/...staff-job.html

Last edited by Retriever; 12-14-2018 at 03:30 PM..

Old 12-14-2018, 05:18 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times
First of all, Christie was never going to get AG because (1) Kushner would've cried sad ventriloquist dummy tears at his daddy's jailer getting into the White House, and (2) Trump may be the alpha when it comes to bluster and talking trash, but Christie is the alpha when it comes to actual brains. Christie has the street smarts, and if Trump had any actual brains inside his toupee holder, as well as the ability to put his ego aside, he would have listened to Christie's advice when he was part of the transition team. But Trump wanted to install someone he thought he could (a) keep under his thumb and (b) appeal more to his rabid base (a southern fried good ol' boy). He didn't want to contend with the likes of Christie.

Second of all, Christie doesn't want any sloppy seconds from the Trump parade of rejected White House game show contestants. That's an insult to Christie. And I am not in the business of defending Christie. He doesn't want a lukewarm schidt sandwich from that schidt buffet.

Christie is way too smart (and self preserving) to go and play White House with Trump now. Not at this stage.

Whatever hapless sad sack agrees to take the CoS position is going to be someone who is desperate, self-promoting to a sociopathic level, compromised in some fashion, i.e. Trump has some kind of dirt on him/her, or all of the above.

"I told the President that now is not the right time for me or my family to undertake this serious assignment. As a result, I have asked not to be considered for this post.”

That's Christinese for 'You can go pound sand.'

Old 12-14-2018, 06:35 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Ex-Governor Avoirdupois has removed himself from contention for that post.
No matter what else one might say about our esteemed former governor, the guy isn't stupid, and only a person truly deficient in brain cells would want to climb onboard the sinking SS Trump.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2018/12/...staff-job.html

Says you.

The sinking dem controlled H.O.R. circus starts next month. lol!

Old 12-15-2018, 08:00 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
First of all, Christie was never going to get AG because (1) Kushner would've cried sad ventriloquist dummy tears at his daddy's jailer getting into the White House, and (2) Trump may be the alpha when it comes to bluster and talking trash, but Christie is the alpha when it comes to actual brains. Christie has the street smarts, and if Trump had any actual brains inside his toupee holder, as well as the ability to put his ego aside, he would have listened to Christie's advice when he was part of the transition team. But Trump wanted to install someone he thought he could (a) keep under his thumb and (b) appeal more to his rabid base (a southern fried good ol' boy). He didn't want to contend with the likes of Christie.

Second of all, Christie doesn't want any sloppy seconds from the Trump parade of rejected White House game show contestants. That's an insult to Christie. And I am not in the business of defending Christie. He doesn't want a lukewarm schidt sandwich from that schidt buffet.

Christie is way too smart (and self preserving) to go and play White House with Trump now. Not at this stage.

Whatever hapless sad sack agrees to take the CoS position is going to be someone who is desperate, self-promoting to a sociopathic level, compromised in some fashion, i.e. Trump has some kind of dirt on him/her, or all of the above.

"I told the President that now is not the right time for me or my family to undertake this serious assignment. As a result, I have asked not to be considered for this post.”

That's Christinese for 'You can go pound sand.'
Even the Republican-hating CNN pundits, who have no love for Christie, said that the chaotic mess that was the inauguration, began the minute Trump fired Christie as the head of the transition team. Like him or hate him, he IS competent.

The fact that he was even considered, in spite of Kushner, is a testament to that.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:52 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Even the Republican-hating CNN pundits, who have no love for Christie, said that the chaotic mess that was the inauguration, began the minute Trump fired Christie as the head of the transition team. Like him or hate him, he IS competent.

The fact that he was even considered, in spite of Kushner, is a testament to that.
That is honestly a very interesting point-
I was originally a fan of Christie's tell it like it is straight shooting manner but as time went on, I soured on him. I think what actually truly soured me was back at the prior convention when he was the keynote speaker (Romney) and he pretty much just touted himself and nothing more. That's probably how he always was but I never quite saw it so clearly as that night watching his speech.

Yes he is intelligent and probably competent but SO SO SO abrasive. That is not a quality that will do anything positive at this time.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:25 PM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Says you.
The sinking dem controlled H.O.R. circus starts next month. lol!
I'm sure that Individual #1 appreciates your undying support.
Have you applied for the position of WH Chief of Staff?
After Mulvaney leaves, it will be up for grabs again, and nobody seems to want that position.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:37 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I'm sure that Individual #1 appreciates your undying support.
Have you applied for the position of WH Chief of Staff?
After Mulvaney leaves, it will be up for grabs again, and nobody seems to want that position.

Nah, I have no want of being in politics.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:30 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
why do people care who the trump chief of staff is?

Old 12-16-2018, 10:28 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
Because we have a vested interest in how well (or not) the government that works for us is actually working?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey