U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-01-2019, 06:37 PM
 
3,123 posts, read 3,191,573 times
Reputation: 1220

Advertisements

When NJ voted Menedez back into office, this state has no hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2019, 08:22 PM
 
16,465 posts, read 6,372,346 times
Reputation: 6553
The sad thing is the hate for Murphey should have raised it's head before the election, a recall election after a year is a joke and shows just how bad the republicans are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2019, 08:30 AM
 
853 posts, read 460,110 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The sad thing is the hate for Murphey should have raised it's head before the election, a recall election after a year is a joke and shows just how bad the republicans are.
Do you believe New Jersey is affordable for most people today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2019, 08:44 AM
 
15,536 posts, read 15,957,372 times
Reputation: 9367
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Do you believe New Jersey is affordable for most people today?
Sure, as long as they can lower their expectations with regards to their housing choices and accept that they have less discretionary income than people in other places.

Small price to pay for......... good sushi.

Last edited by doc1; 01-02-2019 at 09:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2019, 09:09 AM
 
853 posts, read 460,110 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Sure, as long as they can lower their expectations with regards to their housing choices and accept that they have less discretionary income than people in other places.

Small price to pay for good sushi.
Good answer.

My point to G1 is that he/she keeps on complaining that those of us who disagree with Governor Murphy's agenda are simply not giving him a chance. First of all, I mention Murphy in the context of this thread only to point out that he's doubling-down on failed past policies. Secondly, Governor Murphy already increased taxes by over $1 billion, and that is not including his sitting by and watching the gas tax be increased again and now being open to more tax increases this year. So he's already impacting New Jersey. What's funny is, nationally, Democrats gave Donald Trump no chance before their voicing disapproval with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2019, 09:24 AM
 
Location: NJ
369 posts, read 392,676 times
Reputation: 416
Yawn. @njforlife92, your Murphy-bashing is really getting stale and monotonous. It’s a done deal and he’s not going away, no matter how much belly-aching you do. Please stop acting like a whiny kid.

Can’t you find other meaning in your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2019, 11:37 AM
 
28,119 posts, read 19,843,259 times
Reputation: 49394
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Good answer.

My point to G1 is that he/she keeps on complaining that those of us who disagree with Governor Murphy's agenda are simply not giving him a chance. First of all, I mention Murphy in the context of this thread only to point out that he's doubling-down on failed past policies. Secondly, Governor Murphy already increased taxes by over $1 billion, and that is not including his sitting by and watching the gas tax be increased again and now being open to more tax increases this year. So he's already impacting New Jersey. What's funny is, nationally, Democrats gave Donald Trump no chance before their voicing disapproval with him.
He started earning my disapproval right from the fear-mongering, pessimistic Inaugural speech, followed by a steady stream of lies about "crowd size". There wasn't a whole lot of reason to believe he was going to change in office after that. I disliked everything about him before the election, but tried to be hopeful afterward but from that very first speech he told me nothing was going to be any different than the campaign in terms of lies, governance by fear-mongering, and hateful rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2019, 02:37 PM
 
16,465 posts, read 6,372,346 times
Reputation: 6553
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruebas View Post
Yawn. @njforlife92, your Murphy-bashing is really getting stale and monotonous. It’s a done deal and he’s not going away, no matter how much belly-aching you do. Please stop acting like a whiny kid.

Can’t you find other meaning in your life?
No he can't . Good Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2019, 03:09 PM
 
172 posts, read 115,120 times
Reputation: 184
It has a lot going for it. I feel optimistic about the Newark and surrounding areas, and think there are still some pretty good places that are affordable with decent schools. I’m very concerned, however, about the fiscal situation--NJ is ground zero for underfunded pension/benefit obligations. I don’t see how we can organically “grow” out of this issue. Feels like there needs to be substantial reforms or else huge tax increases to solve this issue.

This is obviously a much bigger issue than any one politician. There is probably an issue with the long-term nature of this problem and the short tenure of most of the political leaders. It’s hard for me to see where the political will for solving this issue will come from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2019, 06:48 PM
 
16,465 posts, read 6,372,346 times
Reputation: 6553
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Do you believe New Jersey is affordable for most people today?
Is any state? Is this country? NJ problems mirror the same problems as other states.


Again your Murphy bias is showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top