Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 10:22 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,577,499 times

Advertisements

A quick online search gives many details such as :

An example of a New Jersey statute with zero points is called “obstruction of traffic.” @#*@#* Law Offices often seeks to amend our clients’ moving violations that are factually congruent to obstructing traffic because of the zero points as well as its moderate costs. A recitation of the status is as follows:

39:4-67. Obstructing passage of other vehicles or street cars prohibited; clearance of intersections. No vehicle or street car shall be permitted by the owner or driver thereof to so occupy a street as to interfere with or interrupt the passage of other street cars or vehicles, nor shall the driver of a vehicle or street car drive such vehicle or street car into an intersection if preceding traffic prevents immediate clearance of the intersection.

If you feel that your ticket for improper turn, failure to signal, failure to maintain lane, failure to stop or yield, failure to keep right, or any other similar ticket may have obstructed the flow of another’s traffic please call our office to discuss your specific matter. This information is not intended as legal advice.

Anyway that one is harder to get but much less impact on your wallet/purse and license record than other alternatives. That other one costs much more and you can only use a certain number of times in 5 or 10 years or so.

Courts like to trade you almost anything for the other "unsafe driving" deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 11:35 PM

575 posts, read 338,666 times
From personal experience I would recommend a traffic lawyer. A good one, who charges a $1,000 just to show up.
You don't want the cheaper ones, trust me -I had 11 points in Jersey at one time, just 1 point away....

The knowledge discrepancy between a$1,000 one and a $500 one was staggering. Too bad, I moved out of Jersey next year, but it was definitely a money well spent.

Of course, with fines, you're looking into 2 Gs, but it's Jersey, so that's expected.

Oh, and don't forget the surcharge, which will hit you at 6 points and lasts 6 months, then next year again.

It's usually then, when insurance kicks up the rates with excuse of "oh, but you've been surcharged"

For same car, in Montana, I pay $70 insurance. At 11 points, in Jersey, I paid $385 each month, p!us surcharge (forgot how much), which was the cheapest, as the next insurer was asking $475 per month.

Not sure if you know, but at 6 points, your options to shop for insurance will be limited.

Just go and fork out a grand for a lawyer.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:39 PM

79 posts, read 72,260 times
just an fyi, no matter what happens in court, those tickets will still show up on your insurance records as points, even if the tickets get thrown out. the plea deal are set up to make money in exchange for the ticket not affecting your license points, which is a different system. being that you don't care about the points, because you dont have any points, i understand why you just want to pay and get it overwith. i did the same thing recently with a speeding ticket. if someone had lets say 11 points, then it would make sense to take a plea deal and pay all that money to avoid getting your license suspended. pay the ticket, plead guilty.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:45 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderFrost View Post
From personal experience I would recommend a traffic lawyer. A good one, who charges a $1,000 just to show up.
You don't want the cheaper ones, trust me -I had 11 points in Jersey at one time, just 1 point away....

The knowledge discrepancy between a$1,000 one and a $500 one was staggering. Too bad, I moved out of Jersey next year, but it was definitely a money well spent.

Of course, with fines, you're looking into 2 Gs, but it's Jersey, so that's expected.

Oh, and don't forget the surcharge, which will hit you at 6 points and lasts 6 months, then next year again.

It's usually then, when insurance kicks up the rates with excuse of "oh, but you've been surcharged"

For same car, in Montana, I pay $70 insurance. At 11 points, in Jersey, I paid $385 each month, p!us surcharge (forgot how much), which was the cheapest, as the next insurer was asking $475 per month.

Not sure if you know, but at 6 points, your options to shop for insurance will be limited.

Just go and fork out a grand for a lawyer.
$2k?? I've never paid anywhere near that ever (and I had a pretty bad driving record many years ago). That sounds like DUI/heavy points on your license territory (they use your history against you as well).

EDIT: okay I see you had 11pts on yours. That would take awhile to work down.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:33 PM

233 posts, read 225,544 times
Default careless driving

is when you run into the rear of a vehicle, drive on the sidewalk, knock someone off a bike or
sideswipe a vehicle.............not just moving a vehicle. even if it's after your told to stop.

so say's a retired cop...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: