Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM

6 posts, read 19,903 times

Advertisements

Its in old bridge,nj and its by London Terrence. Im going tomorrow to possibly put money down please give me advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 03:30 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,695,644 times
I would say no, but you can read this and judge for yourself.

Nieuw Amsterdam Village Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other South Amboy apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 04-25-2009, 08:13 PM

15 posts, read 68,784 times
Default Yes its safe

I live here and my husband works for the complex for about 10 years. The complex itself is nice and clean for the most part. Very close to NYC bus- I have commuted for several years from here but now I am home with the kiddies. The apartments are of the older variety so we have done alot of our own upgrades. Have you seen a finished apartment? Have they told you which building you will be in? The biggest downfall is that London Terrace is right behind this one and has a really bad rep. However, they do have new management and from what I see, they are really trying to clean the place up. There really isn't any crime here. Lots of kids running around in the summer. People can be very nosey but if you keep to yourself, you should be fine. The pool does leave a lot to be desired, but they are talking about renovating it. Do you have kids? The zoned school is Memorial in Laurence Harbor- not 100% impressed with the school but my daughter is pulling in good grades that I attribute to the work we do at home with her. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:15 PM

And as for apart ratings link above, almost every complex you read about has nothing but bad postings. Its rare that someone goes on and gives a shining review so take the reviews with a grain of salt. Like I said- I have been here for quite a few years and have never seen a bug or a mouse.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 PM

Also despite the south amboy mailing address, this is actually considered part of old bridge township and not actually in south amboy.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,669 times
These apartments are for animals and not for human beings........Staff is worst....they wont give any service for years. .... Horrible Place to Live....... Zero Ratings.... Bugs....insects....specially the apartments will get fungus in just two months every corners of the rooms..........

Old 01-24-2015, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,417 times
My recommendation, don't move in to this place. All you will deal with is issues. You will stay frustrated and annoyed. Following is the google review post from me-

Where Can I start. I will not waste time even thinking about living here again. Numerous problems-

- Roach issue
- Bee's
- Spider Issue
- My bathroom flooded and the reason they gave is that they are working on plumbing issue in the next door apartment
- Cats running around outside
- Heating issue
- Water shuts down every 2 weeks for 4-5 hours
- The worst they have laundry rooms but they never open on time, when you ask them to, they simply say we are working on other issues and we will open it when we can.

Extremely rude and disrespectful staff including the manager Bill. You don’t believe me, contact me, I got pictures and videos to prove it all. I would really encourage people to do the due dillegence and speak with other residents before moving in to this place. It's your life and your hard earned money and these people take it all for granted.

Regards,

Aman

P.S - All these issues took place in the matter of 16 months.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:19 AM

19,120 posts, read 25,316,835 times
@AB84--While your advice may indeed be valid, the OP asked his/her question almost 7 years ago.
At his point, I don't think that your post will be helpful to the OP.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:09 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,091 times
No, but it might be helpful to someone else looking for advice on this complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey