Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 12:26 PM

116 posts, read 234,930 times

Advertisements

Hello Friends,

I will be traveling for a week in April and flying out of Newark and when I return I will be with my family. Has anyone done Long Term Parking at Newark? The prices seem reasonable but wanted to get any personal opinions or companies they've used.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 01:08 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,419,967 times
Price might look reasonable but watch out for added fees and taxes. Get a bottom line price.

Old 02-21-2019, 02:13 PM

538 posts, read 733,404 times
I've used the lot creatively named 'Newark Airport Long Term Parking' and I've always been happy enough to keep using them. The shuttle always shows up quickly. My the time I'm back to their lot my car is waiting for me. It's convenient.

I haven't done a ton of shopping around of the lots. more the most part you're looking at similar prices and services.

As far as price, yes, there are taxes and the Port Authority charges a fee. That's going to be the case with any of the airport lots.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:57 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I once parked at an off-airport lot that I think was called SkyPark. They had a shuttle that took you over to the airport. You might want to compare prices.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:58 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
We always use the off-airport lot named Jiffy Park (formerly Newark Liberty Parking). It works out well for us.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:01 AM

119 posts, read 492,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I once parked at an off-airport lot that I think was called SkyPark. They had a shuttle that took you over to the airport. You might want to compare prices.
I still park there, but the name has changed. It's now called SPOT, owned by The Parking Spot (so they own 3 lots outside the airport). I like the fact that I can park the car myself and take the keys. No valet parking.
I've been parking in that same facility for 30+ years. They also have an app for your smartphone so you can track the shuttle when it is coming to pick you up at your terminal.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:31 AM

745 posts, read 480,175 times
I have used it with no problem. Just make sure you get there soon enough before your flight so you can wait for and get on the bus to the terminal. The buses are frequent, but I would plan on 1 full hour between waiting for the bus to when it drops you off at the terminal, although realistically, it might be more like 40 minutes.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrosteve View Post
I still park there, but the name has changed. It's now called SPOT, owned by The Parking Spot (so they own 3 lots outside the airport). I like the fact that I can park the car myself and take the keys. No valet parking.
I've been parking in that same facility for 30+ years. They also have an app for your smartphone so you can track the shuttle when it is coming to pick you up at your terminal.
Nice, and thanks for the update. I don't remember when I last used SkyPark, but it was when I went to Puerto Rico with a friend who died five years ago, and it was a few years before that.

I do remember the shuttle was very efficient and we didn't have to wait long, even before there were smartphone apps.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:23 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
Even parking at the airport is less expensive than getting a cab to and from the house.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Even parking at the airport is less expensive than getting a cab to and from the house.
Is it? My daughter and her boyfriend used Uber from my house in Monmouth County to EWR last month when they went to Spain for ten days and left her car where I live. It was $80, which was cheaper than parking at the airport, she said.

Of course, the ride back from the airport upon their return was courtesy of Mom Car Service, so that saved them some money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey