Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 07:37 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,234,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21 View Post
We didn’t buy the home close to the quarry. We ended up buying the other home in Watchung with well water and have been very happy.

We spoke to a few people that live near the quarry and it didn’t sound like there were any issues from residents. Our concern was with the apartment complex that was proposed and impacts to traffic / infrastructure and ultimately resale value. There were simply too many unknowns for us to make a significant home investment in that area of Watchung.

Sounds like you made a better choice.

I love Watchung. I worked at my dads station from 76 until the 90's. Used to go across the street to the waterfall and up the mountain over by Valley Road. It's pretty cool up there. We also used to ice skate on the lake on Valley Road. My dad used to plow it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 04:32 AM

4 posts, read 1,801 times
Wow
I was born in this area. Currently live in New York. Havent been to New Jersey like for 5 years. I loved that area. Do hope your wife will love it as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey