Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2019, 08:56 PM

17 posts, read 13,682 times

Advertisements

I am a local Union county resident for 18 years. However, I was raised in Essex County in the Oranges. Recently, I noticed Newark has experience a major boom in housing development. It has primarily focus on building rentals rather than condominiums and houses.

For a person relies on public transportation (I do not drive/hold a license) and spends majority of my time in the city, living in Newark provides an easy commute to the city and a cheaper alternative to Hudson County. I want to get ahead on these real estate developments, but I do not how? It seems once the project has been completed, nearly all of the space has been occupied.

I would like to get advice from any real estate investor on how can I find out new housing development in Newark information without getting a broker. My plan is to not only find a space for myself, but also find an investment property. The Central/East ward is undergoing changes to attract a younger and professional crowd, I see an opportunity to dabble investment property either a rental or bnb service.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 04:38 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
Newark is seeing an influx from people priced out of Brooklyn. Hoboken and Jersey City have limited space making Newark the next logical choice. I come visit annually. My friend is a Newark native and resident. Sounds like a lot of the apartments and condos are spoken for by the time of completion based on what my friend tells me.

Your best bet may be getting the drop early when the construction begins.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:15 PM

51 posts, read 56,646 times
There are some apartments being built down the street from where i live. not sure what the address is but it is on 4th ave , a little way up from 4th and Broadway. Its a 15 min walk to Broad st station where you can get a direct train to NYC Penn or you can take the 13 bus to Newark Penn and connect anywhere from there. The neighborhood has improved significantly over the last few years and will continue to do so.
Not sure if the units are for sale but worth a try if you are seriously looking .

Old 03-22-2019, 09:45 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
I would assume the Ironbound would be a solid choice for investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey