U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 08:51 AM

29,586 posts, read 34,032,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Indeed I do, and I continue to be highly selective regarding the people who are qualified to be recipients of my heirloom tomatoes and other organic vegetables.

Note: Libertarians and others who suffer from the plague of misanthropy need not apply for a portion of my harvest. Why would I want to share my bounty with people who hate all of mankind?
i want some of those maters!

and its impressive to call out a group of people that dont believe in using the state to harm anyone. libertarians dont kill people; government kills people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 11:00 AM

16,935 posts, read 16,518,082 times
Quote:
jessemh431;54730368]Old white people are especially the worst. .........
Quote:
.....(I'm white myself.) .....
I also share your burden. It's not our fault. I blame our ancestors. They've left us nothing but guilt.

Quote:
and another old white man sprinted (old white man sprinting speed in his white velcro shoes with white knee high socks on) .........
Quote:
....... old white man Cadillacs and Buicks sat there all the time because they broke down or were too big to fit into the parking spaces.
Quote:
...............scrutinized by old white men (and once a lady).......
Quote:
........Old suburban white people with nothing but time on their hands..........

Quote:
..... But I'm overly sensitive and complain about everything just because I don't tolerate racism and bigotry.....
Well thank goodness for that. We need more tolerant and inclusive minded citizens like you as you are the future of America.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:36 AM

699 posts, read 615,876 times
Its called cleaning up the leaves and prepping lawn after a long winter, move to Montclair where blowers are banned.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 AM

65 posts, read 162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchef1 View Post
Its called cleaning up the leaves and prepping lawn after a long winter, move to Montclair where blowers are banned.
why are blowers banned? It took me 4 hours to rake my house in my town one day. I live in WO and I moved from the city. The noise doesn't bother me in the slightest.. I lived near JFK, I miss the sounds of planes

Old 03-25-2019, 10:43 PM

9,847 posts, read 16,366,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Note: Libertarians and others who suffer from the plague of misanthropy need not apply for a portion of my harvest. Why would I want to share my bounty with people who hate all of mankind?
You got a loicense for that garden?

Old 03-25-2019, 11:29 PM

9,835 posts, read 8,703,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yes because smoke and noise are just so desirable, right?

Oh and I know your reply already. Move, right?
You could move, and then you'd find something else to whine about.

Some people are never happy and live to complain.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:09 PM

1,328 posts, read 3,521,190 times
What annoys me more are the landscaping trucks driving around pulling their equipment trailers at 15mph. Oh well; it is what it is. I'd rather suck that up than people not maintaining their properties...

Old 03-26-2019, 07:03 PM

17,284 posts, read 19,972,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ah, how nice it was to grow up in a time when people weren't prissy about lawns. It was so much fun in the fall when the whole family would go out and rake, we'd jump in the leaves, and then pile them all together and burn them with foil-wrapped potatoes baking in the fire. Best potatoes ever with butter and salt.

The burning leaves smelled so good. Now it's loud stupid machines that smell like exhaust because everybody thinks a lawn should look like some sort of unnatural green carpeting.
Of all the agreeable people on city-data (an esteemed minority!), you are among the most agreeable. Thanks for this nice, warm post. Like a Rockwell painting in text. :-)

Old 03-27-2019, 08:48 PM

29,048 posts, read 28,035,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Of all the agreeable people on city-data (an esteemed minority!), you are among the most agreeable. Thanks for this nice, warm post. Like a Rockwell painting in text. :-)
When I was little, we didn't have a lawn. I did get to read about Dick and Jane frolicking in the pile of leaves that Zeke the gardener had raked. Sally was too young. Spot was included in the fun. Run Spot, run. Run with Dick and Jane.

I'm trying to whistle The Fishin' Hole, and it's not going well.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:05 PM

67,127 posts, read 62,729,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Thank you. That was a nice thing to say.

I'm not always agreeable, but I try.

I didn't have a perfect childhood, but it was a heck of a lot better than what some people got. I grew up in the 60s in a large family in a woodsy suburban setting. We weren't rich, and my parents were frugal, but we had everything we needed and a little more. It was not a bad hand to be dealt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey