Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 07:05 AM

5,770 posts, read 16,573,374 times

Advertisements

I'm in my 60's now with 0 points but remember getting a speeding ticket the first week I got my license when I was 17.
Still even then some little kid on a tricycle drove out of his driveway and I stopped in time to prevent any problems so each one of us has to be on the ball, anything can happen, watch what you're doing.

Usually they offer most everyone in NJ several options, you go into court and first they take you into a room with the prosecutor to offer several deals. Tickets are one thing and they can mess you up down the road but always watch what you're doing and what OTHER people,,, crowded state,,, OTHER PEOPLE are doing. No one wants anyone hurt nor something that will haunt you the rest of your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 08:16 AM

5,770 posts, read 16,573,374 times
Also these days when you get a ticket various law companies buy the mailing list and you will get about a half dozen mail offers in the mail every day from different lawyers so your parents may figure that out easily.

Old 04-14-2019, 01:48 PM

220 posts, read 379,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
Oh, and one other thing, move out of your parents house, start taking personal responsibility for your life. I mean, your 20 years old, you need to get moving. Don't be one of these perpetual whiners that blame others for their own shortcomings/laziness. Get out there, fail, correct, repeat.
While I agree OP needs to act more mature, I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect someone who's only 20yrs old to seriously "get moving" on his/her life and be out on their own. Most kids that age are still in college (junior/senior), let alone fully self-sufficient and able to afford cost of living expenses.

Old 04-14-2019, 01:50 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,659,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I am a 20 year old guy and I live in New Jersey. I live with parents and am under their insurance (Liberty Mutual). I got pulled over in the main road of a residential area for going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone (That's 15 over the limit). The cop was on the opposite side of the road at the time. I saw him slowing down. I knew he was an undercover cop. I knew he was up to catch me, because he turned around using someone's driveway to catch me. I tried turn right on a residential road to get away from him and it was too late, he caught me. He said he could not print out the ticket, so he will mail the ticket to my house. Who knows if he doesn't actually mail a ticket.

I work at a law firm (not as a lawyer) and I am allowed to use the lawyers for free except I will have to pay for any other costs. Should I tell the lawyers at work that I want to fight it? I don't want my parents to find out about the ticket if I fight it. I am worried about their insurance. Liberty Mutual does forgive you for your first ticket, but remember, it's not my own insurance, so I am not sure if they would forgive me since it was MY first ticket. Also, I got a ticket before for a seatbelt violation, which is a 0 point and non moving violation in NJ.
if you get free legal services, its kind of a no brainer. fight it potanta!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2019, 01:52 PM

dont listen to the bootlicking clowns here. everyone speeds. there is nothing wrong with it. just make sure you dont harm anyone else and make sure the piggies dont catch you next time. you know who speeds more than anyone else? pigs. but the thin blue line fools here think that is totally cool even though people are killed all the time by cops driving illegally (and the cops dont get in trouble for it and often pin the blame on an innocent person involved in the accident caused by them).

Old 04-14-2019, 02:13 PM

860 posts, read 1,335,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I am a 20 year old guy and I live in New Jersey. I live with parents and am under their insurance (Liberty Mutual). I got pulled over in the main road of a residential area for going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone (That's 15 over the limit). The cop was on the opposite side of the road at the time. I saw him slowing down. I knew he was an undercover cop. I knew he was up to catch me, because he turned around using someone's driveway to catch me. I tried turn right on a residential road to get away from him and it was too late, he caught me. He said he could not print out the ticket, so he will mail the ticket to my house. Who knows if he doesn't actually mail a ticket.

I work at a law firm (not as a lawyer) and I am allowed to use the lawyers for free except I will have to pay for any other costs. Should I tell the lawyers at work that I want to fight it? I don't want my parents to find out about the ticket if I fight it. I am worried about their insurance. Liberty Mutual does forgive you for your first ticket, but remember, it's not my own insurance, so I am not sure if they would forgive me since it was MY first ticket. Also, I got a ticket before for a seatbelt violation, which is a 0 point and non moving violation in NJ.
Take responsibility for your actions and accept the consequences.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:26 PM

32,907 posts, read 36,292,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
dont listen to the bootlicking clowns here. everyone speeds. there is nothing wrong with it. just make sure you dont harm anyone else and make sure the piggies dont catch you next time...
He doesn't seem to know where exceeding the speed limit is acceptable. It's not OK in a school zone or residential area. "Sorry that I hit your kid" doesn't cut it.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:32 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,856,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
dont listen to the bootlicking clowns here. everyone speeds. there is nothing wrong with it. just make sure you dont harm anyone else and make sure the piggies dont catch you next time. you know who speeds more than anyone else? pigs. but the thin blue line fools here think that is totally cool even though people are killed all the time by cops driving illegally (and the cops dont get in trouble for it and often pin the blame on an innocent person involved in the accident caused by them).
Is this post for real? Seriously, no everyone does not speed. And there IS something wrong with it. Like causing accidents or injury or death.

Pigs? Well that says a lot about you as a person.

I hope you are able to move into a more mature viewpoint about driving. Thank God you live nowhere near me.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:44 PM

32,907 posts, read 36,292,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Is this post for real? Seriously, no everyone does not speed. And there IS something wrong with it. Like causing accidents or injury or death.

Pigs? Well that says a lot about you as a person.

I hope you are able to move into a more mature viewpoint about driving. Thank God you live nowhere near me.
I have exceeded the speed limit! I nearly got nailed for doing 95+ on I95 in Virginia. That was in the 1980s. They'd already started to tighten up.

Forty in a 25 is for amateurs.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
He doesn't seem to know where exceeding the speed limit is acceptable. It's not OK in a school zone or residential area. "Sorry that I hit your kid" doesn't cut it.
it doesnt cut it if you hit a kid. but if you dont hit a kid, you did nothing wrong. people always justify overreaching regulations by using children. that gives the government the green light to pass ridiculous laws that ultimately just is a revenue producer for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: