Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:51 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times

Advertisements

Right now I rent, 750/month for a 1bed apartment in Burlington Township. I lived around here all my life. There are several trailor parts across South Jersey and I did research for how much they cost.. A descent one ranges from 50,000 up with a 10k down payment. I doubt trailer-park people use the internet and much less this forum but help me out. If u can tell me where some big trailor park locations are that would be helpful... I rather not buy an old cheap house in some dull neighborhood and renting is dead money..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 05:02 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
We have a few in town in Browns Mills. I've been in a newer one, it was actually pretty nice.

If I had to would I do it? Maybe. The problem is resale. You might not get what you put into it.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,517,217 times
Not a good investment. Buy a fixer upper or something that needs TLC for cheap, renovate it over time and you'll have good return potential.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:59 PM

I wouldn't want to sell it. If i wanted to move I'd just put the wheels on and haul her off! I don't know moorestownresident, houses are pretty costly, how much would I need to get into a 2 bedroom old cheap poop-steined house? Or maybe I'll just landscape some hidden forrest state-owned property go to home-depot get some wood and build a trailer! nah

Old 04-12-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I doubt trailer-park people use the internet and much less this forum but help me out. If u can tell me where some big trailor park locations are that would be helpful... I rather not buy an old cheap house in some dull neighborhood and renting is dead money..
Why do you think people living in mobile homes don't have internet?
I had a neighbor that chose to move to one during the peak of the real estate market because the hubby didn't like to mow the lawn. They were able to make some money from their house and only worry about paing a few hundred for land rental.

There are fees, you need to research it.
Mobile home dealers- gives a decent list of locations

I just did a little reading and found this:

Quote:
A mobile home, depending on the size, will cost, on average, anywhere from $20,000+ for a basic singlewide mobile home (600-800 sq. ft), up to $90,000 + for a double or triplewide with all the bells and whistles (2000-2200+ sq. ft). Neither of these price estimates includes the land for the home, or the septic and well system. To show an example; a manufactured home of about 1200 sq. ft. will sell, on average, for roughly $50,000. A 1/4 acre of land, depending on where it is purchased will cost on average about $10,000 (Prices will vary depending on location). A slab for the mobile home will cost an additional $1000-$2000. Installation of a sewer hookup or septic system will cost at least $5,000 plus the installation of the power hookup. In total this can cost about $70,000 for a home that in 10 years, due to depreciation, will be worth roughly $40,000-$50,000. With an Ameripanel Home, the same $70,000 can be spent on a home that in 10 years can be worth roughly $90,000 or more, depending on the real estate market in the area.
In addition to depreciation, mobile homes will generally cost more to heat and cool. The lower the “R” value (or insulation factor), the more effort the heating and cooling systems will have to work in order to keep the mobile home at a comfortable temperature. The insulation factor of an Ameripanel Home is much higher. They reduce heating and cooling costs and, due to reduced efforts to keep the home at a comfortable temperature, allows equipment to enjoy a much longer lifespan.

Another characteristic of a mobile home is the layout. The layout of a mobile home is generally not customizable, so you pretty much have to stick with what the mobile home company offers. With our home kits we can design a home based on virtually any floor plan.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:42 PM

hey I appreciate that. That link is just what i was looking for. I though they wouldn't have internet, because u know, JerrySpringer bias. Your neighbor probably made a wise decision I wonder how they sold the trailer, did they only want it a few months?

The well and septic tank is interesting. Well water smells like rotten eggs, I would need city water. Right now I'm lucky to have electric gas heating. I wonder what is an Ameripanel home anyway, some kinda new modern do-it-yourself kit to build a house? lol. But it seems like the land u would need to have a house would be costly. Maybe I need like a book Idiot's Guide to buying a trailer. but I wouldnt want to read it around anyone. That quoted thing about Ameripanel homes seems a little weird, 1/4 acre is an aweful lot for a trailer unless u live in texas.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times
do you have a specific place you want to love? i know wayne has a trailer park. i have never seen it but i know it's there...

Old 04-13-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
do you have a specific place you want to love? i know wayne has a trailer park. i have never seen it but i know it's there...
Actually I'm not to particular right now. I probably need a change of scenery away from here. Somewhere with plenty of jobs is key important. I always wanted to live in Njersey. South is ghetto! Even so called nice expensive towns like haddonfield are full of potheads living off of old money. Somewhere half friendly lol

Last edited by dhanu86; 04-13-2008 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-13-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
hey I appreciate that. That link is just what i was looking for. I though they wouldn't have internet, because u know, JerrySpringer bias. Your neighbor probably made a wise decision I wonder how they sold the trailer, did they only want it a few months?

The well and septic tank is interesting. Well water smells like rotten eggs, I would need city water. Right now I'm lucky to have electric gas heating. I wonder what is an Ameripanel home anyway, some kinda new modern do-it-yourself kit to build a house? lol. But it seems like the land u would need to have a house would be costly. Maybe I need like a book Idiot's Guide to buying a trailer. but I wouldnt want to read it around anyone. That quoted thing about Ameripanel homes seems a little weird, 1/4 acre is an aweful lot for a trailer unless u live in texas.
AFAIK, they are still living in the trailer.
The places I've seen, they already have the hookups for water & septic, so that's something you will have to research.

Well water doesn't smell lol It actually tastes better then city water IMO. I currently have a well, we have a water softener, the water is fine. I actually prefer to shower with well water also.

You also might want to look into purchasing land & a modular home. My parents bought one from Excel homes, they make really nice modulars. From what I know, there is still property for sale in Browns Mills.

Do a realtor.com search of 08015. You might be able to find a fixer. You do need to make sure you do research, especially if you are a 1st time buyer. I don't know what you want to spend but there is a cute 3 bedroom, 1 batrh rancher by me (it is not my house) selling for $144,900. (http://tinyurl.com/6l2o47 - broken link) This is what is owed on the house, the seller is not making any money. According to the realtor.com page the payments are $667 Per Month. If you need a buyers agent, I can recommend someone that I interviewed when we listed our house.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:34 AM

323 posts, read 2,089,435 times
I agree with Moorestownresident....buy a fixer upper...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey