Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 06:50 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,403,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
We met Scott Muni from WNEW outside the Capitol Theater in Passaic at a bar
Boy there's a shock, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 06:56 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
I believe the Bergen Mall was the first to become an indoor mall. I used to like walking across the bridge to E. J. Korvettes.
The Cherry Hill Mall holds that distinction.

~Shanny

Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,667,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Really? Wow, I haven't been to one in about 25-30 years, plus I don't eat red meat any more. Do they have chicken?
No idea, I only get hot dogs, french fries, and root beer, every time

Old 04-13-2008, 08:42 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,931,864 times
Quote:
We met Scott Muni from WNEW outside the Capitol Theater in Passaic at a bar and we bought him a drink before a Who concert. He gave us 2 third row center tickets for the concert and we had the best show of our life. Now that was a band in it's day. The Capital Theater anyone remember that. We used to go see Southside Johnny on New Years eve there. Seen the Blues Brothers in thier prime out there. John Belushi doing a cartwheel into the audience. Oh I'll stop i'm starting to show my age.
We used to sleep outside on the sidewalk overnight to wait to get tickets at the box office.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:10 AM

37 posts, read 136,097 times
Robert E. Lee Inn restaurant/boat dock in South Amboy area; destroyed by fire. "Mel's Lounge" and "The Playpen".

Old 04-13-2008, 09:45 AM

522 posts, read 1,584,484 times
Does anyone remember the Old Wagon Farm in Holmdel? It was on rt 35. We we would go every year as kids and pick pumpkins and they had a great display of talking pumpkins and an old guy that would play the piano. It was replaced with a shopping center

Old 04-13-2008, 10:12 AM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,408 times
Grunnings Ice Cream the one on the hill and the one in South Orange...I would kill for their hot fudge recipe.

Olympic Park in Irvington...I was very young when it closed.

Asbury Park boardwalk...my father wouldn't drive all the way to Seaside.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,646,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Are you thinking of Roosevelt Stadium? I took my driver's test around there.

And another nod to the roasted peanut guy outside of the route 1 flea market. That place was great. Anyone remember some of the announcements over the PA there? The one that sticks out...

"Located in the back of the store... MEEESTER PEEEELLOW!!!!"
I think it was Roosevelt Stadium. But it was most commonly called Giants Stadium. And I also remember that pickle guy in the Rt 1 Flee Market. There was also a candy man inside that market where we got a pound of chocolate jelly sticks. I still can taste them...

Old 04-13-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgurl View Post
Robert E. Lee Inn restaurant/boat dock in South Amboy area; destroyed by fire. "Mel's Lounge" and "The Playpen".
Yes I remember Robert E Lee restaurant. We ate there plenty of times and also caught plenty of Blue Claw Crabs right below it in Morgans Creek. Remember all the Horse Shoe Crabs down there during mating season?

Speaking of Robert E Lee. Just across the street and down the road does anyone remember the old Smorgasbord on the corner? The dinner/show place? What was the name of that? We seen some good mini concerts there while having dinner.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
We met Scott Muni from WNEW outside the Capitol Theater in Passaic at a bar and we bought him a drink before a Who concert. He gave us 2 third row center tickets for the concert and we had the best show of our life. Now that was a band in it's day. The Capital Theater anyone remember that. We used to go see Southside Johnny on New Years eve there. Seen the Blues Brothers in thier prime out there. John Belushi doing a cartwheel into the audience. Oh I'll stop i'm starting to show my age.
Now you touched a soft spot in my memory bank. The Capital Theater. I bet we seen 50 concerts there and I still have every single concert ticket to proove it. To this day I save my ticket stubs.

I had a good friend who went to school with me and he was an Usher in The Capital. He used to get me all the good tickets before they went on sale.

I think my best memory of The Capital was when The Police were warming up for some one I forget. No one heard of Sting and The Police. In their beginings they used to dress up as Police. So one day we were in the bathroom doing our thing and 5 pigs walked in. Well every one was smoking pot so they threw it down the toilet. The 5 pigs did their pee and then left without saying a word. Turns out they came on stage to do their gig and those who threw away their pot for the band who tricked them were quite mad. I guess Sting and his boys had the last laugh huh.

Oh...and the school I mentioned above was Lincoln Tech in Union. Scott Muni brought his Buick Riviera in for free mechanic work by the students. I worked on Scott Munis car. He waited for us but never watched because he could not stop smoking for 10 seconds to come inside the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey