Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:00 AM

4 posts, read 18,339 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on this area? My husband and I may be relocating from Fl, his job would be in Elizabeth. I saw a house I liked in this area and wanted to see what any thoughts/opinions were? Also, what about Linden City?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 07:11 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duranfl View Post
Any thoughts on this area? My husband and I may be relocating from Fl, his job would be in Elizabeth. I saw a house I liked in this area and wanted to see what any thoughts/opinions were? Also, what about Linden City?

Thanks!
Roselle Borough is full of HIV people on welfare. But not a bad place if you come from an Arabian or Chinese background. Elizabeth is polluted and smells like mud and fumes but lots of good looking women.. Linden City isn't bad but very expensive and starting to deteriorate. haha nah im just playing. I'm not from that area so I wouldn't know.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 AM

1,049 posts, read 4,020,524 times
Linden taxes are low because of the industry there. It is a good place to start out. You'll get more for your money. The Sunnyside section of Linden is the most sought after, and there are some good deals out there right now.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:54 AM

562 posts, read 2,615,417 times
I live in Elizabeth which is the next town over from Roselle..
Roselle has a large black population.. it's an ok town..
Roselle Park is a bit better and for what i hear better schools..
Linden is ok too, has a large recent immigrant Polish population

Elizabeth has good and bad sections.. elmora, north elizabeth, elmora hills, wetminister are the good areas in Elizabeth.. it's very diverse.. you'll find lots of hispanics, asians, jewish, blacks, whites, gays, etc.. :-) it's a CITY..

Old 04-13-2008, 11:22 AM

526 posts, read 2,068,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
I live in Elizabeth which is the next town over from Roselle..
Roselle Park is a bit better and for what i hear better schools..
Linden is ok too, has a large recent immigrant Polish population

Elizabeth has good and bad sections.. elmora, north elizabeth, elmora hills, wetminister are the good areas in Elizabeth.. it's very diverse.. you'll find lots of hispanics, asians, jewish, blacks, whites, gays, etc.. :-) it's a CITY..
That's a very accurate description.

The only thing I'd disagree about is the reference to the recent Polish population in Linden. The Polish population has been there as long as I can remember. The recent population moving into Linden is Mexicans and Central Americans. But that's not unique to Linden. This population is now inhabiting most of eastern Union County.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:39 PM

54 posts, read 244,383 times
Default Roselle

I work at the high school and live in Cranford which is the next town over. For the taxes you pay in Roselle, you do not get a lot of services and the local politics in the town are very bad. If you have kids, I would not consider it because the school system is awful and there are some areas of Roselle which are not safe. Roselle does have a large black population, but is experiencing some of a black flight, with more hispanics moving in. There is also a large Haitain population and a small white population.

There is also a lot of gang issues where Roselle mainly consists of the Crips but there has been a growing Haitian gang, the **** Backs (sp?) which is both heavily located in Linden and Roselle. There are also some street groups , which are not usually violent, but again if you have kids, are not always a positive influence.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:46 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Like others, I would recommend Roselle Park or Linden over Roselle, Roselle Park being my fisrt choice. Btw, we don't call it Roselle Borough or Linden City, just Roselle and Linden

Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 PM

562 posts, read 2,615,417 times
lol... so that's where they are going.. funny you mentioned that b/c recently I see less of them in Elizabeth and was wondering where they were going..

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TOWN-R.I.P. View Post
That's a very accurate description.

The only thing I'd disagree about is the reference to the recent Polish population in Linden. The Polish population has been there as long as I can remember. The recent population moving into Linden is Mexicans and Central Americans. But that's not unique to Linden. This population is now inhabiting most of eastern Union County.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:45 AM

131 posts, read 605,214 times
Linden had a lot of Polish people but had more in its glory days, right now a lot of that Polish population is moving away from Linden since its going down hill very quickly, i know that for the fact because i am Polish and Real Estate salesperson in Union and i had people that were moving away from Linden to Union or a lot of them move away to Oldbridge and down south. Linden is starting to have a lot more problems especially on Roselle Border.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:52 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Roselle Borough is full of HIV people on welfare. But not a bad place if you come from an Arabian or Chinese background. Elizabeth is polluted and smells like mud and fumes but lots of good looking women.. Linden City isn't bad but very expensive and starting to deteriorate. haha nah im just playing. I'm not from that area so I wouldn't know.
I was actually gonna suggest the area for you lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNJNJ View Post
I work at the high school and live in Cranford which is the next town over. For the taxes you pay in Roselle, you do not get a lot of services and the local politics in the town are very bad. If you have kids, I would not consider it because the school system is awful and there are some areas of Roselle which are not safe. Roselle does have a large black population, but is experiencing some of a black flight, with more hispanics moving in. There is also a large Haitain population and a small white population.
Were you at Abes back in the early 80's?
I graduated from there, it was an ok school back then. A little rough but not that bad.
My favorite part of it was the various shops, with Mr Horvath & print shop being my favorite. Is he still there? If he is, tell him the "Blondie" that graduated in 83 said hello. If he doesn't get it, tell him the one that made a lot of Tshirts, silk screening. I think I was the 1st to use multiple colors on a shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
My parents moved 2 years ago. I was shocked to say the least that the post office had bullet proof glass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey