Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 10:10 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times

Advertisements

What are you favorite ethnic restaurants?

Please post name, town, and streets/cross streets if known.

When I lived in NJ, I use to go to Babylon Restaurant in Riveredge on Kinderkamack. It is Turkish Cuisine, and made their gyro fresh everyday. I ate lunch there all the time, and ordered the Gyro with bulgur wheat and salad. Turkey has a section that is in Europe which is why they can compete in UEFA Champions league.

I also used to eat at Meson Madrid. I loved their fish, paella, and lobsters. It was on Bergen Blvd in Pal Park. Sadly, I think they closed down.

What is a good French restaurant in NJ? Heck, I dont even know a good Italian joint in NJ.

I have been to Wallington once, and ate at a Polish restaurant/banquent place.

Are there any German Restaurants/beer gardens in NJ?

There are a few Montenegrins that run italian restaurants in Manhattan. I wonder are there any Dalmatian restaurants. I figure all these Croats/Serbs etc live out in burbs. There is this place in New Rochelle (NY not NJ) called Dubrovnik that I want to try.

What about Scandinavian places? The best restaurant in the world is NoMa a place in Denmark. You think they spread themselves around by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 04:45 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,169 times
E and V Ristorante in Paterson is the best for Italian!

And it’s very affordable with heavy portions

Toros, in South Paterson, offers great Turkish food!

There’s a British store in Upper Montclair as well as a French bakery on Bloomfield (I forget the names though).

Old 07-01-2019, 04:51 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,169 times
E and V Ristorante in Paterson is the best for Italian!

And it’s very affordable with heavy portions

Toros, in South Paterson, offers great Turkish food!

There’s a British store in Upper Montclair as well as a French bakery on Bloomfield (I forget the names though).

Old 07-01-2019, 08:56 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
Meson Madrid is still open.

There are beer gardens in Jersey City and Hoboken, the two most notable beings Zepplein Hall and Pilsener Haus. Jersey City also has Wurst Bar and Hudson Hall.

For French, Hoboken has Elysian Cafe, and Edgewater has Brasserie Bonjour. Millburn has Cafe Monet, and Maplewood has Verjus and Restaurant Lorena’s.

Kind of crazy that you can’t find good Italian in NJ, LOL. Makes me think you are trolling. There are literally too many to name. I don’t know where to begin. I’d say start with a more unique experience like Calandra’s Italian Village in Caldwell. It’s not as much a restaurant as it is like a mini Eataly, if you have ever been there.

Plenty of Turkish in Paterson, Jersey City, and Cliffside Park.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:33 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
What are you favorite ethnic restaurants?

Please post name, town, and streets/cross streets if known.

When I lived in NJ, I use to go to Babylon Restaurant in Riveredge on Kinderkamack. It is Turkish Cuisine, and made their gyro fresh everyday. I ate lunch there all the time, and ordered the Gyro with bulgur wheat and salad. Turkey has a section that is in Europe which is why they can compete in UEFA Champions league.

I also used to eat at Meson Madrid. I loved their fish, paella, and lobsters. It was on Bergen Blvd in Pal Park. Sadly, I think they closed down.

What is a good French restaurant in NJ? Heck, I dont even know a good Italian joint in NJ.

Are there any German Restaurants/beer gardens in NJ?

There are a few Montenegrins that run italian restaurants in Manhattan. I wonder are there any Dalmatian restaurants. I figure all these Croats/Serbs etc live out in burbs. There is this place in New Rochelle (NY not NJ) called Dubrovnik that I want to try.

What about Scandinavian places? The best restaurant in the world is NoMa a place in Denmark. You think they spread themselves around by now.
I didn't know Meson Madrid was gone. We used to have a lot of holiday/retirement parties there.

ETA: The website is up. Looks as if it's still there.

I like Greek on Main in Metuchen.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:11 AM

858 posts, read 707,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post

That could be Royal Warsaw. That place is great.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:53 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
I like Rose’s in Englewood. They have a smaller, but equally good location in Fair Lawn. It’s Lebanese food. Not exactly European but it’s pretty similar to Turkish food.

Old 07-01-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I like Rose’s in Englewood. They have a smaller, but equally good location in Fair Lawn. It’s Lebanese food. Not exactly European but it’s pretty similar to Turkish food.
Oh, I would definitely be interested in checking that out.

Old 07-01-2019, 12:46 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh, I would definitely be interested in checking that out.

Make sure you get a coupon from restaurant.com if you plan on going on a weekday. Also, it’s BYOB

Old 07-01-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Make sure you get a coupon from restaurant.com if you plan on going on a weekday. Also, it’s BYOB
Thanks! And I love BYOBs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey