Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2019, 02:47 PM

192 posts, read 219,163 times

Advertisements

Hello, just looking for a few tips other than I have already found...
I know three months before you turn 65 you have apply for part A hospital if you apply later you get fined. Correct?
Then part b for meds
Now is it better to take the Medicare advantage or is it better to go with something like aarp or blue cross or other private insurance so that you get the best coverage

I am still researching, but just looking for any additional tips so I get good coverage and don't have to pay a lot out of pocket
Thank you very much in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 03:22 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
I just went through this and believe me it's confusing as hell.

Find someone you can trust in the medicare insurance area and sit down with them to review all options as there isn't any clear choice of which one is the best.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:10 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
I believe there is a Medicare thread in the Retirement forum. You should check there.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:03 AM

860 posts, read 1,336,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrrek View Post
Hello, just looking for a few tips other than I have already found...
I know three months before you turn 65 you have apply for part A hospital if you apply later you get fined. Correct?
Then part b for meds
Now is it better to take the Medicare advantage or is it better to go with something like aarp or blue cross or other private insurance so that you get the best coverage

I am still researching, but just looking for any additional tips so I get good coverage and don't have to pay a lot out of pocket
Thank you very much in advance
I don’t know about private insurance after retirement, but I was impressed by Medicare. My mother died last year of a stroke and was on Medicare. Of the $776,900 final hospital bill (I nearly fainted when I opened that letter!), the estate only had to pay about $5,000 towards the bill. I don’t know if private insurance would be better, but Medicare picking up 99.3% of the bill seemed plenty good to me. Just my anecdotal experience. Good lick!

Old 07-21-2019, 09:51 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
When you will become eligible to collect SS or disability payments, you will be enrolled in Medicare Part A & B automatically.

If you don't have enough work credits to collect SS, you will not be enrolled in Medicare but must go to a SS Office and sign up for Medicare. You will be billed for Medicare Insurance. It's not cheap.

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medica...s/part-a-costs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey