Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:34 PM

34 posts, read 383,861 times

Advertisements

i Was just wondering what everybody's views was of the town of Lodi NJ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 12:00 PM

75 posts, read 300,915 times
My in-laws ALL grew up in Lodi and many of them are still there (there is a big Italian community). They have a brand new shoprite and shopping center, but there are some parts of town that hasn't been touched by time. It has a central location, near the city and shopping in Paramus/Rt. 17. It is not a fancy town, but i think safe and solid.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 PM

94 posts, read 428,483 times
other than the high taxes, Lodi is not bad. i have lived there all my life, went to school there, from 1st grade to high school graduation.
yes they did build a new shoprite and shopping center right on main st and currently plan to build more directly across from the new shoprite. you can also find walgreens, burger king,kmart,acme,blockbuster video,duncan donuts all within that area of main st. in addition to some smaller non franchise businesses in those strip malls.
you will find that pretty much anything near main st, will be a flood area. but they is plenty of residential real estate that is not in a flood area.
it is close to many major highways, rt46,rt80,rt3,rt4,rt17,garden state parkway and not to far from the new jersey turnpike. your drive into NYC is about 15-25 minutes.
close to the city of paramus also known as the mall city to some. paramus is practically one big mall, you can find all and almost every store imaginable there.
hope this helps! any other questions regarding lodi or its surrounding areas, i would be glad to help!

Old 04-16-2008, 01:18 PM

Thanks for your input. How's Lodi's ethnic makeup. Is it very cultural diverse?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:23 PM

370 posts, read 1,369,937 times
There was a write up on Lodi and its recent decline in saftey and its effect on the housing market there. I wish I could remember where I saw it. It was about 7 months ago.
Lodi is much more diverse than many of its surrounding towns (excpet maybe garfield). There is a large amount of cheaper rentals and apartment complexes as well as a trailer park on Route 46.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:51 PM

94 posts, read 428,483 times
you can probably find many different ethnic backgrounds here in lodi. yes there is 2 trailer parks in lodi if i am correct. one has an entrance to route 46 near the new car dealership and hess station and the other is 3 blocks from route 46 before the main street exit. i dont live in a trailer park and i dont find it as an issue or problem of any kind.
and yes there are a few apartment buildings in lodi, not low income buildings, just multiple unit buildings, some from 6 units to some at probably 50 units. the avg 1 bedroom apartment in those buidling rents from $700 to $850 and the 2 bedroom units rents vary from $900 to $1200. depending on the total square footage the apartment consists of.
i have never heard of a decline in saftey in lodi or its effect on the housing market for that matter. im sure there is crime just like any city offers you. from my experience (30 years as a resident in lodi) i dont see any crime here as being the type of crime that will scare people away in any way.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:16 PM

328 posts, read 1,197,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todaro3577 View Post
you can probably find many different ethnic backgrounds here in lodi. yes there is 2 trailer parks in lodi if i am correct. one has an entrance to route 46 near the new car dealership and hess station and the other is 3 blocks from route 46 before the main street exit. i dont live in a trailer park and i dont find it as an issue or problem of any kind.
and yes there are a few apartment buildings in lodi, not low income buildings, just multiple unit buildings, some from 6 units to some at probably 50 units. the avg 1 bedroom apartment in those buidling rents from $700 to $850 and the 2 bedroom units rents vary from $900 to $1200. depending on the total square footage the apartment consists of.
i have never heard of a decline in saftey in lodi or its effect on the housing market for that matter. im sure there is crime just like any city offers you. from my experience (30 years as a resident in lodi) i dont see any crime here as being the type of crime that will scare people away in any way.
I've lived in Lodi over 40 years and I can tell you crime HAS gotten much worse the past 10 years. My doctors office was just robbed last weekend as a matter of fact. This would be on Main Street across from the Getty Station. My neighbor just has his motorcycle robbed right out of his driveway a few weeks ago and only two weeks ago a car had all four of it's tires stolen overnight near Wilson School. These recent incidents are only in the immediate area that I live in. I can imagine what's going on around the rest of the town. If you like racial diversity Lodi is definitely the town for you. Many of the homeowners live elsewhere and rent their houses to section 8 renters and we all know the quality of people that brings to the neighborhood. Also the school system is the pits. We have the second or third highest property tax rate in the entire state. Lodi has always been and still is famous for corruption. Especially in our police department. Shall I go on? One thing Lodi does have going for it is location.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:33 AM

Haha thanks for all the feedback. Well I am going to e moving to Home Place near the Boys and Girls Club. I've visited Lodi only a couple of times and it seems nice. As for the corruption i heard from a friend that the mafia had a strong presence there. Is that true?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:11 AM

59 posts, read 104,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj973jersey View Post
Haha thanks for all the feedback. Well I am going to e moving to Home Place near the Boys and Girls Club. I've visited Lodi only a couple of times and it seems nice. As for the corruption i heard from a friend that the mafia had a strong presence there. Is that true?
It is true, actually Lodi is where Tony Soprano used to spend some of his hard earned money, more exactly at the Bada Bing Club aka Satin Dolls on Route 17. Not a bad place if you ask me.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:19 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,683,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUIDO View Post
It is true, actually Lodi is where Tony Soprano used to spend some of his hard earned money, more exactly at the Bada Bing Club aka Satin Dolls on Route 17. Not a bad place if you ask me.
you HAVE to be joking, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey