Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:38 AM

717 posts, read 769,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I do not applaud stupidity.
If New Jersey was rolling along and the problems we have were solved i.e. People were happy with their Government, Crime was surpressed, Corruption was taken care of, Taxes were modified so Corporations are not leaving Nj,
Then maybe we could take something like this seriously. Until then its wasteful, distracting Government at its finest.

Actually Even then I would not want the Government telling me what to feed my kids. - so forget it. Case closed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 10:38 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,610,611 times
some cough medicnes that are over the counter are behind the cashier now because they wont sell them to minors, I think Benadryl is one of them. In the CVS you have to ask for it and sign something when youy pay for it.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 AM

13,378 posts, read 28,631,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Thats an A+ essay.
I agree, now if only we would all WAKE up

Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
some cough medicnes that are over the counter are behind the cashier now because they wont sell them to minors, I think Benadryl is one of them. In the CVS you have to ask for it and sign something when youy pay for it.

has nothing to do with minors..those cold/allergy meds have a crucial ingredient used to make meth amphetemine

Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 AM

16,870 posts, read 10,510,132 times
Quote:
Correct, but I think that this is a store policy, not a state law. It's different if a private company wants to make that type of a choice. I think that the only thing required to be kept behind the counter is products containing psuedoephederine. However, this isn't because kids use them to get high, it's because people use them to make meth.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:45 AM

It's a federal anti meth law

FOXNews.com - Sale of Cold Medicines Would Be Limited by Anti-Meth Law - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Old 04-17-2008, 10:48 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,610,611 times
ok sorry I thought otherwise. Not too long ago a girl in our town was in 8th grade was suspended for inhaling from an aerosol can...I think they call that huffing? Anyway that is really sad and sick.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
ok sorry I thought otherwise. Not too long ago a girl in our town was in 8th grade was suspended for inhaling from an aerosol can...I think they call that huffing? Anyway that is really sad and sick.
Sure is and can kill you
Knew someone back in the day who died sniffing Carbona rug cleaner...

But you see there are many many things on store shelves that kids can hurt themselves with
Are we to become where every thing in a grocery store is under lock & key??

Where there is a will the kids always find a way and you can pass 1000 stupid nany laws, they will find something else..always do

Old 04-17-2008, 11:11 AM

9,346 posts, read 20,703,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Sure is and can kill you
Knew someone back in the day who died sniffing Carbona rug cleaner...

But you see there are many many things on store shelves that kids can hurt themselves with
Are we to become where every thing in a grocery store is under lock & key??

Where there is a will the kids always find a way and you can pass 1000 stupid nany laws, they will find something else..always do
How about kitchen knives? Hand saws? Where does it end? Maybe some day, some seven year old will sever their infant sibling's hand by virtue using an olive fork repeatedly for 24 hours, because the parent of the child was in a chat room binge or playing Nintendo Wii for said period of time. The solution: ban the olive forks.

Do you see where I am going with this? Personal responsibility. Accountability. It goes hand in hand with liberty, and freedom. Here is a novel concept. When kids get to high school age, and the horomones begin to kick in, here's a class we can offer in lieu of music, gym, or some other elective: PARENTING! Yes, that's right. Teach them young how to be a parent. Example of curriculum: Lesson 1: The word 'NO'. Learn it, use it frequently. (That, and how to file a tax return, a bank reconcilation statement, etc) I think we've reached that point. We've had an entire generation of baby boomers who have pretty much imparted zero in the way of discipline and self-respect onto the next generation of Americans. We need a societal 'reboot' in this regard.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:15 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,651,448 times
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Actually Even then I would not want the Government telling me what to feed my kids. - so forget it. Case closed
And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Personal responsibility. Accountability. It goes hand in hand with liberty, and freedom.
Pretty much sum up my POV. And mike, I dig the parenting class idea - might be helpful to the morons who don't understand birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey