Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:34 PM

612 posts, read 1,010,975 times

Advertisements

the "super bears" on this site have largely predicted that the housing prices will fall back in line with incomes and return to a level that was consistent since the 1940s. Is this what we call doom and gloom. A return to sanity is more like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 08:22 PM

46 posts, read 35,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
It's misleading because (as has been pointed out many times), the next peak did not always occur in the lifetimes of those who observed the first peak.
but it has happened, and can happen again.

look, I just bought a house, however I am not looking for another bubble to inflate.

it would be nice if prices just leveled off into an L-shaped "recovery".

I think that would satisfy both the bulls & bears ...?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:49 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyND View Post

look, I just bought a house, however I am not looking for another bubble to inflate.

What was your down payment ? Fixed loan ?

I think people got themselves into trouble from "mark-to-market" accounting their houses. If you're worrying too much about paper gains or losses on your house, it's a sign something is wrong (either you're treating those equity gains as income which is a ruinous mistake, or you didn't put enough down in the first place).

I doubt that you chose the best time to buy, but I am dead certain that you didn't choose the worst.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 PM

612 posts, read 1,010,975 times
Quote:

I seriously doubt it. For housing values to get this high, they created mortgages with 0% down, the lowest interest rate possible, and for some, the option of not even making a monthly payment mandatory for 2 years. Short of creating a mortgage where they hand you 50k in cash to sign on the dotted line, it's pretty safe to say they will never get homes at the values you saw at the height of this bubble.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 AM

268 posts, read 761,585 times
my latest real estate prediction: down, down, down she'll go, whereever she lands no one knows!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:21 AM

4,180 posts, read 5,061,593 times
ahhh, false bravado

I love watching bears squirm !

Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM

268 posts, read 761,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
ahhh, false bravado

I love watching bears squirm !
bahahahaaha hope your mouth is big otherwise it's going to be pretty uncomfortable when you put your foot in it!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 PM

46 posts, read 35,216 times
I am now convinced that posts like yours are proof positive that internet forums are 99% populated by unemployed losers.

keep on spinning friends !

the FACT is that over 91% of the people in the USA are working, saving money, paying down their debts, and (gasp!) buying houses.

I'm sorry that you never made anything of yourself.

the ultimate irony is that the right-wing ideology y'all espouse is the complete antithesis of where your best interests lie.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,311 times
Quote:
I am now convinced that posts like yours are proof positive that internet forums are 99% populated by unemployed losers.

the FACT is that over 91% of the people in the USA are working, saving money, paying down their debts, and (gasp!) buying houses.

the ultimate irony is that the right-wing ideology y'all espouse is the complete antithesis of where your best interests lie.
It's hard to tell who you think you're responding to, since you didn't quote.

I can assure you that I don't "espouse" a "right wing ideology" of any kind.

I have a job, and it pays pretty well (let's just say I'm well above median income for NJ), but my options for housing are pretty limited at current prices.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,248 times
Quote:

Wow. I thought this kind of "loser renter, wannnabe mortgage holder" mentality had gone now that the bubble is apparent to even the most bullish.

Guess I was mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey