Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:55 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,673,959 times

Advertisements

PCMarine, ottombeale, and whomever else stated that 'race will be a factor within 48-72 hours' are, unfortunately, dead on target...

However, Reverend Al, Rev Jesse, and others don't speak for me or a vast majority of other black folk...having said that, here's my take on the James situation--- with all due respect to other senior citizens on the board and elsewhere, I don't give a rubber monkey's butt about his 'age' or his race...time to pay the piper, Mr James---you AND Miss Hoodrat Misstress need to have your hind ends nailed to the nearest wall...and while you're at it, take that numbnuts in Detroit with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 AM

9,346 posts, read 20,705,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post
I don't know why I feel like this....maybe I'm bi-polar today, but I hope she is forced to do time in jail, less the weave, hair extensions and make-up. She had it coming and good for her #$!. She is a user and all she had to do is slob on his thingy a few times. She's wrong, she's cocky and I hope she gets it good. Good for her.

I feel bad for Sharpe James. On the other hand, she could rot in the back of the prison cell for all I care.
You feel bad for him? Do you realize he faces further charges of registering 58k on city-issued credit cards to take trips to various destinations such as Rio and Martha's Vineyard with women other than his wife, according to this article?

I don't care how old this man is. He should be put in the back of an 8x8 dark room, checked on every 24 hours to see if he still moving, then be fed pig slop if he is.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:05 AM

13,378 posts, read 28,633,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
PCMarine, ottombeale, and whomever else stated that 'race will be a factor within 48-72 hours' are, unfortunately, dead on target...

However, Reverend Al, Rev Jesse, and others don't speak for me or a vast majority of other black folk...having said that, here's my take on the James situation--- with all due respect to other senior citizens on the board and elsewhere, I don't give a rubber monkey's butt about his 'age' or his race...time to pay the piper, Mr James---you AND Miss Hoodrat Misstress need to have your hind ends nailed to the nearest wall...and while you're at it, take that numbnuts in Detroit with you
it's been our political legacy for decades..crooked politicians in ALL colors

Old 04-16-2008, 11:08 AM

173 posts, read 817,742 times
The sad sacks with their preconceived agendas on this board amaze me. I'm looking at you mike0421. We -- the people -- just got a great legal victory - against pretty long freaking odds. This is GOOD news! You should act like it.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,947,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Boat View Post
The sad sacks with their preconceived agendas on this board amaze me. I'm looking at you mike0421. We -- the people -- just got a great legal victory - against pretty long freaking odds. This is GOOD news! You should act like it.
Agreed. I'm not a fan of Sharpton by any stretch of the imagination, but its funny how certain groups tend to invoke his name as soon as a member of the black community has done something wrong as if they're looking for a fight. First of all, political corruption isn't even close to being sexy enough (alleged police brutality is more his style) to make Sharpton cross the Hudson. Second, why don't we just do like Gravy Boat says and celebrate!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:50 AM

7,053 posts, read 19,236,380 times
^ I am. I'm over here doing the happy dance!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/reliance6791/b674c897.gif (broken link)

Old 04-16-2008, 11:51 AM

9,346 posts, read 20,705,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Boat View Post
For all of our sakes, I hope you are right Gravy Boat. I would like nothing more than for this man to serve time without having to have his race brought up. I really hope so. I've lived long enough though where I've seen too many instances of skin color used in an effort to appeal a trial, which is precisely what James's lawyers have indicated they will do. So the legal victory is not final, yet. When it is, I will celebrate with you.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,943,721 times
It's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,363,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
For all of our sakes, I hope you are right Gravy Boat. I would like nothing more than for this man to serve time without having to have his race brought up. I really hope so. I've lived long enough though where I've seen too many instances of skin color used in an effort to appeal a trial, which is precisely what James's lawyers have indicated they will do. So the legal victory is not final, yet. When it is, I will celebrate with you.
You know sooner or later that his race would be brought up. Naive as I'm sure it may sound, this is probably the first huge step in cleaning up the corruption in New Jersey. Bravo Chris Christie.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 PM

11,301 posts, read 16,604,438 times
Chris Christie for Governor in 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: