Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 10:13 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCashman View Post
Just because you were awarded a Purple Heart, that doesn't make you disabled.

I was in the military and rated 100% disabled because of several physical ailments. I never received a Purple Heart. (thank God). Even though I am rated 100% disabled by the VA I cannot get a Handicapped Parking sticker.
so then they shouldnt get any special parking privileges. that is for people who actually have a need. to give it to people as some kind of participation trophy for killing other people seems ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 12:09 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,489,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I bet you can't pee in a public bathroom, either.
I'll get a rape whistle if a man sees my private area while I am peeing.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:10 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,489,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I hope you realize that, without psych therapy, this problem will follow you when you move away from NJ--as you keep telling us you will do after receiving your Bachelor's Degree. "Geographical cures" don't work for this type of problem.
lol geographical cares. Maybe I should get a security blanket, a therapy animal, and a rape whistle, because people love to STARE.

LAWL

Old 08-14-2019, 05:32 PM

668 posts, read 470,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
had to stop by shoprite this morning so i snapped this pic. its for wounded so just let them get a handicap sticker. no sense in humiliating them by pointing out the evil that they have participated in.

Unlike a handicapped designated spot, this , i'm pretty sure, can't be legally enforced.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:58 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Unlike a handicapped designated spot, this , i'm pretty sure, can't be legally enforced.
Anyone can claim to be a veteran, too. You see lots of cardboard signs proclaiming "homeless veteran" on the sidewalks of New York. They know that gets them sympathy.

I saw a guy in the North Jersey Record some years ago. Long hair, skinny, about the right age, playing his piccolo on a park bench on Veteran's Day. Caption said he was a Vietnam Vet.

But I knew he was Phil the schizophrenic from the bar in Fair Lawn. He was never in the service. They wouldn't have taken him. His father was quite wealthy and had left him a house and enough funds to live on for the rest of his life with someone overseeing the funds and checking in on him. He once told me he was Commander in Chief of the Army of God, and that everyone in Washington, DC knew. That's as close to veteran as he ever got.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
i want to park there and have people thank me for my service.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:41 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I'm surprised no one has complained about the "expectant mother" parking spaces that are fairly common. My Shop Rite has them and I've seen them at many other stores. As far as I'm concerned, if a pregnant woman is able enough to walk around the grocery store to get the shopping done, is there any reason she can't walk an additional 50 feet through the parking lot to a "regular" spot?

My Kroger not only has 12 handicapped spots but also 4 expectant mother spots and 6 "parents with small children" spots. But the kicker are the 6 "Click List" spots for customers to park and wait in their cars for their online orders to be brought out. In my opinion, it's the employees doing the walking and those spots should be at the back of the lot so that paying customers can park closer to the store.

Parking at the back of the lot is not a problem in terms of a little bit of walking but not much fun when you exit to find it pouring. Or maybe it's 110 degrees out or 0 degrees with gusty winds. They are probably not as safe either.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:09 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I just only ever go to the grocery store on off-hours when fewer people are there. I have always done that. I don't want to deal with lines and crowds and searches for parking spaces.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:12 PM

668 posts, read 470,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Anyone can claim to be a veteran, too. You see lots of cardboard signs proclaiming "homeless veteran" on the sidewalks of New York. They know that gets them sympathy.

I saw a guy in the North Jersey Record some years ago. Long hair, skinny, about the right age, playing his piccolo on a park bench on Veteran's Day. Caption said he was a Vietnam Vet.

But I knew he was Phil the schizophrenic from the bar in Fair Lawn. He was never in the service. They wouldn't have taken him. His father was quite wealthy and had left him a house and enough funds to live on for the rest of his life with someone overseeing the funds and checking in on him. He once told me he was Commander in Chief of the Army of God, and that everyone in Washington, DC knew. That's as close to veteran as he ever got.

Yeah, but if you park in a handicapped spot, you'll get a pricey ticket. If you park in this spot, nothing should happen....

Old 08-14-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
My Kroger not only has 12 handicapped spots but also 4 expectant mother spots and 6 "parents with small children" spots. But the kicker are the 6 "Click List" spots for customers to park and wait in their cars for their online orders to be brought out. In my opinion, it's the employees doing the walking and those spots should be at the back of the lot so that paying customers can park closer to the store.

Parking at the back of the lot is not a problem in terms of a little bit of walking but not much fun when you exit to find it pouring. Or maybe it's 110 degrees out or 0 degrees with gusty winds. They are probably not as safe either.
this is ridiculous. the employees are walking back and forth all day, why should they have to walk all the way back to the lot? yes, its excessive and dangerous. it is also not a very efficient use of resources if the employees are wasting a lot of time in the walk to and from cars.

im fine with expecting mother, parents with small children, etc. etc. it just may be an issue of wasted space if they arent fully utilized. but i wont complain. i am happy to walk a little further if women or anyone wants a better spot. except those military employees, they should have special parking spots on the farthest end of the parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey