Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 11:55 AM

1,142 posts, read 856,433 times

Advertisements

Well, skip the trip to DMV did not work out for me and it turned out my new DL was either addressed incorrectly or lost in the mail. Either way, after 3 miserable hours at DMV, I was able to get a duplicate of my license that was lost and never arrived. It looks exactly the same except in very small letters it says DUP on the bottom right. I do not look anything near 21 yrs old anymore (I am actually 40). But was just wondering if bars will give me a problem now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 11:58 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
I don't think you'll have a problem in the rare event that they actually ID you.

It's pretty funny that this is an actual concern of yours.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:59 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
I doubt it.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:13 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
If you frequent the bars at the Jersey shore or in Hoboken they have a tendency to give people a hard time about stuff like this because of the younger crowd and fake IDs. Anywhere else you should be fine and probably wouldn't even be carded to begin with.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:17 PM

93 posts, read 130,610 times
I vividly remember the first time I wasn't carded for alcohol. Three other people in my party were carded, but I wasn't. I offered to show my ID, but the waitress made clear it wasn't necessary. It was like getting punched in the stomach.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback. It is only a concern of mine because I am still carded just about everywhere I go, but never had a duplicate license until now. I would assume that since it is still a valid digital ID that a police officer would accept, then it should be fine. But just wasnt sure on the law on that. I'd rather not have to carry my passport every time I go out now. Haha

Old 09-03-2019, 12:28 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
I vividly remember the first time I wasn't carded for alcohol. Three other people in my party were carded, but I wasn't. I offered to show my ID, but the waitress made clear it wasn't necessary. It was like getting punched in the stomach.
LOL. I was in line at a liquor store a while back and there was a woman in front of me that clearly looked older than me, and she got carded by the cashier. When it was my turn I started to pull my license out of my wallet and to my surprise the cashier never even asked for it. I was almost going to ask her why she didn't card me but decided to just let that one go.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:50 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
You think bartenders or doormen are going to review your license with any sort of rigid criteria? Sure, they're experts on all 50 states and various countries and are up to date with all the latest biometric standards and forgery expertise.

No, they look for today's date 21 years ago. Most fake IDs are about how the people holding them act, not the ID.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:14 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,489,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Well, skip the trip to DMV did not work out for me and it turned out my new DL was either addressed incorrectly or lost in the mail. Either way, after 3 miserable hours at DMV, I was able to get a duplicate of my license that was lost and never arrived. It looks exactly the same except in very small letters it says DUP on the bottom right. I do not look anything near 21 yrs old anymore (I am actually 40). But was just wondering if bars will give me a problem now?
Bottle King does universal carding where they actually scan your license, so maybe you might have an issue. I am not sure if Bottle Kind does overriding. Restaurants don't do universal carding. Some 40 years olds look super good for their age, so maybe you should be prepared although you claim to look older than 21. I am 21, but I look 27, so I get carded since I don't look a day over 35 yet. I do not think there is a way you can have a restaurant look you up. You can use a passport as long as they don't need to scan it. I used to use a passport when I was 16 or under, so I can get into the movie theaters.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Actually, I like when they scan my license because it would proove it to be real and not a fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey