Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 08:56 PM

107 posts, read 187,875 times

Advertisements

there is a right turn corner but with red light and there is no any sign. can we make right turn even there is red light? i saw other similar thing but it had a sign ask to fully stop then make right turn when light is red. i think if there is no any sign but it had red light then need to wait until green light....anyone knew it? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 10:20 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,722,485 times
You can turn right on red unless a sign tells you that you cannot. Some signs say you must come to a complete stop before doing so. But that sign means you can still turn on red. Only when you see “No Turn On Red” is it not allowed.

The real challenge in NJ is turning left.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:29 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,519,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg22 View Post
there is a right turn corner but with red light and there is no any sign. can we make right turn even there is red light? i saw other similar thing but it had a sign ask to fully stop then make right turn when light is red. i think if there is no any sign but it had red light then need to wait until green light....anyone knew it? thanks
My problem always is sitting at a light and the car in front of me is signaling right-turn. I honk and honk, then pull my hand out to tell the car in front of me to turn already goddamit. The car in front of me, a woman just threw both of her hand up and she's not gonna do it.

So recently, I overcame this problem at my area. I simply wait until there's no traffic and I pulled around the double yellow line and circle around the car in front of me that refuses to turn right on a red light with zero traffic.

Wake up people, if you don't know you can turn right or not. Why can't you Google it!?

You found this website but you can't GOOGLE?

Old 10-29-2019, 10:32 PM

10,219 posts, read 19,109,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
So recently, I overcame this problem at my area. I simply wait until there's no traffic and I pulled around the double yellow line and circle around the car in front of me that refuses to turn right on a red light with zero traffic.
You, sir, are a true New Jersey driver.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:36 PM

3,990 posts, read 3,545,739 times
Quote:
My problem always is sitting at a light and the car in front of me is signaling right-turn. I honk and honk, then pull my hand out to tell the car in front of me to turn already goddamit. The car in front of me, a woman just threw both of her hand up and she's not gonna do it.

Wake up people, if you don't know you can turn right or not. Why can't you Google it!?

So if that car was at the light waiting to turn left, or go straight, would you have still driven around her like an impatient maniac or would you have simply waited the 10 seconds for the light to turn green?

Old 10-30-2019, 12:56 AM

1,840 posts, read 1,468,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg22 View Post
This is an issue I have with Rockaway Mall. As soon as you come off Route 80, and go to that traffic light closest to the Sears there, there is a traffic light for left turns (a solid light) and then there is a separate traffic light (right arrow) for the two turning right lanes. I noticed that nobody ever turns right on red at that particular intersection, but I run that light all the time as long as I stop first.

Old 10-30-2019, 12:59 AM

1,840 posts, read 1,468,458 times
Quote:

Depending on the intersection, I don't honk if somebody is not turning right on red, because sitting at a red light is perfectly legal and I usually give the out of staters a chance, because they are busy struggling with directions and checking their GPS.

Old 10-30-2019, 04:17 AM

18,568 posts, read 10,494,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
This is an issue I have with Rockaway Mall. As soon as you come off Route 80, and go to that traffic light closest to the Sears there, there is a traffic light for left turns (a solid light) and then there is a separate traffic light (right arrow) for the two turning right lanes. I noticed that nobody ever turns right on red at that particular intersection, but I run that light all the time as long as I stop first.
.............and the the first time Police nail you there will be a post here complaining about the Police.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:02 AM

191 posts, read 217,001 times
You can turn right on red you do not have to,

Old 10-30-2019, 06:19 AM

23,324 posts, read 17,008,770 times
Quote:

you nailed it!

"Your problem"

Until you pay the guy's car insurance, your desire to control traffic flow is irrelevant.

Some right on red situations are more dicey than others, right turn at driver's discretion.

Far greater traffic hazard are cars rolling thru stop signs and mistaking yield signs for unobstructed runways.

the expectation of the following driver is that the car in front will of course roll thru the stop sign, after all there is a break in the traffic flow. the expectation that the driver in front will roll thru a stop sign has yielded more rear end accidents when the driver instead comes to a complete stop.

Oh yeah, you must come to a complete stop before making a RoR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: