Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 09:46 PM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Kevin Smith?

<snip>.
Nope, somebody who works for him.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:30 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,970 times
Back in my high school days (late 80s) and beyond, "Jersey Girl" absolutely did refer to a loud, outspoken, usually promiscuous, gum-snappin', shore-going young woman who was a particular "type." It was as offensive as calling someone a Valley Girl because they were a blonde "bimbo" who said "fer sure" and twirled their hair a lot... or whatever they were supposed to do.

I've never heard "Jersey Girl" used to refer to all women or girls from NJ. It's a stereotype. Obviously, NJ is full of all sorts of people with all sorts of qualities and characteristics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 02:32 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
About 5 years ago I was at Seton Hall University for a work event and I came across easily over a dozen girls wearing the exact same outfit: a North Face fleece jacket (colors varied), yoga pants, and Ugg boots. Idk if this is a Jersey Girl outfit or just a college girl outfit but that’s all I have to contribute to this discussion.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:29 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
About 5 years ago I was at Seton Hall University for a work event and I came across easily over a dozen girls wearing the exact same outfit: a North Face fleece jacket (colors varied), yoga pants, and Ugg boots. Idk if this is a Jersey Girl outfit or just a college girl outfit but that’s all I have to contribute to this discussion.
I think that's probably a regional college thing. I'm in my 60s and own a North Face fleece jacket. My mom bought Ugg boots when she was in her late 70s. Go mom!

Old 11-05-2019, 10:47 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
NJ has the greatest population density in the nation but still has space. The sixth state on the list has a population density less than half of NJ's and thirty of them have a tenth.

Remember that anytime any politician wants to tell you that America is running out of space and can't take in any refugees.
Yeh, but we want open space, not more development, plus the refugees never more out to open space. They move into an inner city with their own kind.

Old 11-06-2019, 10:04 AM

1,553 posts, read 2,447,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I think this is the best description of a Jersey girl.

Add dyed blonde hair and large pink sunglasses, as well.

Old 11-06-2019, 01:16 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
typical "New Jersey Girl"........................

Old 11-07-2019, 08:07 AM

23 posts, read 18,881 times
Your question is on the ignorant side. There is no such thing. The cast of Jersey Shore are all from NY. No one talks or acts like any of the stereotypes you have seen on TV. *Any character in a movie that is supposed to be from NJ is all made up in Hollywood and bares no resemblance to real people who live in NJ.*

Old 11-07-2019, 08:53 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
i dont think they are all from new york and less are living there now.

i believe jwow lives in holmdel now. super nice house.

i think the situation lives in long branch. he used to go to the nysc in old bridge back when i went there when i was home from college in the summer. i think he is from manalapan. he was more pale back then.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:11 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont think they are all from new york and less are living there now.

i believe jwow lives in holmdel now. super nice house.

i think the situation lives in long branch. he used to go to the nysc in old bridge back when i went there when i was home from college in the summer. i think he is from manalapan. he was more pale back then.
The idea all started with a rental house in Belmar in the early 80's and they were all from Long Island. The Police raided the house becuase neighbors were complaining about kids at all times of the night pissing on yards and passing out on porches and such.The Mayor got in trouble calling them a bunch of quido's from long Island and got into trouble. One of the kids was one of the creators of the show , another interesting tidbit was almost all the Seaside towns turned down the show being filmed in their town.Belmar ,Manasquan and Point Pleasant all said no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey