Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:51 PM

526 posts, read 2,068,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
OMG! Yes I remember Birchills but the second one, no...I don't remember

~Shanny
Birch Hill ... Good times!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 06:26 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,269 times
Every year we go to Seaside for the first time we go to the "Carousel" shop on the boardwalk and buy a model sailboat. As soon as we get over the bridge my little (shes two) girl shouts "Seaside! Seaside". And my boy tells us he wants to go on the helicopter ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
at Fatso Fogertys in South Amboy.....you could dance on the bar ! They closed down a while ago.
I remember that place! They had turtel races there! Dear Lord I cringe at the thought of how sloshed I used to get there . I think they also used to video tape people and make them sign an affidavid that stated they were old enough to be in there.

Anybody remember "Butterfields"?

Old 05-16-2008, 07:58 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TOWN-R.I.P. View Post
Ah, Bar A ... Now there was a meat market if I ever saw one. But great drunken fun, nonetheless!!!

As far as good places down the shore for those in the 30's. Did you say Avon-By-The-Sea was good? And what are the Column's??

Bar Anticipation, shortened to Bar A , shortened to BA, finally...B

The Columns in Avon-By-The-Sea...I remember hating to go there with my friends because it was full of 30-40 yr. olds...now I am 43! Yikes!

~Shanny

Old 05-16-2008, 10:12 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times
Anyway...Hunka Bunka Ballroom doesn't have much to do with on topic either...but anywhoo...

I know SS has a great boardwalk...better than PP (back in the day , at least). Does it remain the same?

Old 05-17-2008, 10:09 AM

526 posts, read 2,068,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Anyway...Hunka Bunka Ballroom doesn't have much to do with on topic either...but anywhoo...

I know SS has a great boardwalk...better than PP (back in the day , at least). Does it remain the same?
Off topic? Seaside and Bunka's share a great common bond: GUIDOS!!!

Anyway, I think most would agree that Point Pleasant has a nicer boardwalk for families. Though Point Pleasant has declined a bit in the last few years.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:56 PM

93 posts, read 299,985 times
Well, we just got home from our afternoon in Seaside. Was a little disappointed-you'd think they could at least slap some paint on or fix up a few things, but overrall we had a good time-my son got on any ride he wanted-it was pretty empty.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:06 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TOWN-R.I.P. View Post
Off topic? Seaside and Bunka's share a great common bond: GUIDOS!!!

Anyway, I think most would agree that Point Pleasant has a nicer boardwalk for families. Though Point Pleasant has declined a bit in the last few years.
I guess they do! The last time I was at Hunka's it was teen night...cuz I was one.

Gonna start a new thread...I'm missing a great place that was neither guido nor trash nor uptight..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey