Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2019, 04:36 AM

19 posts, read 27,737 times

Advertisements

Im Half Italian and half Pakistani and planning my wedding to include a mix of both cultures. Wedding will be in Jersey but I live in DC so looking for all the help I can get with the following:

1) a venue anywhere within an hour drive of central Jersey that allows outside catering and or allows for me to use their food for the Italian portion but will allow outside catering for the Pakistani food.

2) wedding planner that understands south Asian wedding customs

3) restaurants for a small engagement party (25 people) that serve halal food and have a private area for small parties.

4) Photographer recommendations

5) DJ recommendations (preferably someone familiar with both genres of music )

6) Indian/Pakistani Bridal boutique / tailor recommendations

Any other recommendations you might think of!!

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 06:12 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm612 View Post
Im Half Italian and half Pakistani and planning my wedding to include a mix of both cultures. Wedding will be in Jersey but I live in DC so looking for all the help I can get with the following:

1) a venue anywhere within an hour drive of central Jersey that allows outside catering and or allows for me to use their food for the Italian portion but will allow outside catering for the Pakistani food.

2) wedding planner that understands south Asian wedding customs

3) restaurants for a small engagement party (25 people) that serve halal food and have a private area for small parties.

4) Photographer recommendations

5) DJ recommendations (preferably someone familiar with both genres of music )

6) Indian/Pakistani Bridal boutique / tailor recommendations

Any other recommendations you might think of!!

Thanks!!!!
I'm not at work today, but I work for a company in NYC owned by Pakis. They live in NJ. I will ask if they know the answer to any of these questions when I go in tomorrow.

I went to a dinner in NJ last year that was a scholarship fundraiser for the engineering school in Karachi from which some of them graduated. It was held at a hotel and halal food was served and it was pretty good. They might know who the caterer was. As a matter of fact, I liked the dessert called carrot halwa so much that I got my boss's recipe and made it at Christmas last year.

I will see if I can find any info and get back to you tomorrow.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:37 AM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times
Not sure about the Italian part but we have been to South Asian weddings at the Hyatt Regency in Princeton.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ne...vents/weddings

Old 11-13-2019, 07:55 AM

1,553 posts, read 2,447,641 times
I would try central jersey preferably Woodbridge or Edison.

A lot of Italians and Pakistanis in both towns.

Old 11-16-2019, 09:15 AM

465 posts, read 607,337 times
I’d recommend the Gabagool Gobi as an appetizer.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:26 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,062 times
What about your other half to be? It would be awesome if he/she was half Jewish and half Indian. You could have a priest, iman, rabbi, and maharaj duke it out at the reception to see what religion the kids would be raised in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey