Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 03:35 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Grunnings
Jerry's
Bonds
The Circus
Eggiman's
The Little House
Pat's Diner
Lindy's

.................all great NJ restaurants
Never heard of any of 'em.

(Obviously, much of this depends upon where you live in New Jersey.)

Old 10-21-2020, 06:35 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Never heard of any of 'em.

(Obviously, much of this depends upon where you live in New Jersey.)
Lindy's use to be in Neptune

Pat's Diner use to be in Belmar at 71 and 34 /Shark River

Eggiman's use to be in Spring Lake Heights

The Circus was an old time drive In and use to be in Wall on 34

Jerry's was in Spring Lake

Bonds

Grunning's

The Little House, were all in Millburn -Short Hills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 08:20 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
Is white manna's actually good? That is my saturday mission.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:48 PM

4,028 posts, read 3,636,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
The Hackensack one is very good. The Jersey City one, not so much.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:24 AM

1,215 posts, read 3,290,255 times
Quote:
White Mana in Jersey City -- and White Manna in Hackensack are two separate and distinct places -- spelled differently, not related, and are independently owned and operated.

That said -- White Manna in Hackensack, is an all-time, classic joint! It's not a "traditional" burger place...technically, they serve sliders-type burgers, think the original White Castle type burger. If you like that type of burger -- there's nothing and no place better! They just got named "best burger place" on one of those "best" lists. I forget who did it/published it.

Small, classic, old-fashioned, place time forgot, greasy grill, which makes the burger what it is, LOL, very no frills, organized confusion when ordering, cramped if crowded, and your family members might smell the grease when you get home!!! That said...like I said...there is nothing and no place better!!!

If you have time, drive up to Fort Lee, go to Hiram's, or drive to Clifton and go to Rutt's Hut...and get a hotdog! Enjoy!

Old 10-22-2020, 10:17 AM

been to rutt's hut. Its ok. Not going to go there again.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:30 AM

1,215 posts, read 3,290,255 times
Some people like chocolate...some people like vanilla...and some people don't like ice cream...LOL.

Old 10-25-2020, 01:20 PM

Well, white manna's was actually pretty good. Don't know if I would drive all the way out there again but it was still good. Hackensack is kind of boring. It does not have the energy of bloomfield ave in montclair. Why are they building so many luxury condos there? I did not see any bars or nightlife.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:31 PM

4,028 posts, read 3,636,180 times
Quote:
Well, white manna's was actually pretty good. Don't know if I would drive all the way out there again but it was still good. Hackensack is kind of boring. It does not have the energy of bloomfield ave in montclair. Why are they building so many luxury condos there? I did not see any bars or nightlife.

I was surprised by all the new development around Hackensack also. But I mean they have the bus terminal, train station, business district along Main St and River St, and Riverside Square mall. Perhaps the trendy bars and restaurants will follow the luxury condos.

Old 10-25-2020, 04:03 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I was surprised by all the new development around Hackensack also. But I mean they have the bus terminal, train station, business district along Main St and River St, and Riverside Square mall. Perhaps the trendy bars and restaurants will follow the luxury condos.
Like a lot of county seats, a large part of Hackensack was a dumpy, run-down place for decades. Back in the 90's, I belonged to an interfaith organization of 80 churches, synagogues, and even a Sikh temple who took turns feeding about 150 homeless people a day in Hackensack because the need was more than the government could deal with.

But like a lot of other dumpy, run-down places, sooner it later certain areas catch the eyes of developers, especially when there's a rail line to the city. If it gets to be a popular place to move for peeps with some money to spend, those trendy bars and restaurants will surely appear.

Even Hackensack Hospital was a dumpy, rundown hospital that nobody wanted to be caught dead in, and nowadays you walk and it looks as if you're in a fancy hotel lobby. It's got a great rep now, especially for cancer treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey