Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 04:19 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
It would also be self defeating. At those prices most people couldn't afford to buy it, so they would never reap the tax benefits they were trying to get to begin with.
Last time they were debating 10% tax, which would have been the lowest in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 05:05 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Last time they were debating 10% tax, which would have been the lowest in the country.
I wouldn’t know. I just think $500 an ounce is way too high .

Old 11-19-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I wouldn’t know. I just think $500 an ounce is way too high .
Well we don't know yet, but we do know they have a shortage of growers here, which is going to make the shortages worse than they are now. Medical marijuana patients in NJ have faced shortages and high prices due to the shortages for quite some time. If supply is that much lower than demand, especially with people from PA and NY coming to get it, it's going to be priced high. I hadn't heard that the state sets the prices though.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 11-19-2020 at 07:11 AM..

Old 11-19-2020, 12:39 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Rather than legalization, he favors decriminalization of marijuana. However, even that half-way approach will almost surely be blocked by Miss McConnell.
Quote:
It was a joke people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Thank you.
It's important to remember that there are some NJ residents who are in an orange funk over the outcome of the recent election, and they have likely lost their sense of humor as a result.

Could you please explain what is funny about your dehumanizing homophobic epithet?

Without spinning it somehow on Trump Supporters....

I'm quite certain the vast majority of Biden supporters are also vehemently opposed to gay bashing as well.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Could you please explain what is funny about your dehumanizing homophobic epithet?

Without spinning it somehow on Trump Supporters....

I'm quite certain the vast majority of Biden supporters are also vehemently opposed to gay bashing as well.

What on earth are you talking about? He was dissing Mitch McConnell. Period. If you are a fan of Mitch, fine, but the rest of your complaint is totally off base.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:57 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
What on earth are you talking about? He was dissing Mitch McConnell. Period. If you are a fan of Mitch, fine, but the rest of your complaint is totally off base.
its an inappropriate insult. we dont use insults that imply negativity to characteristics than many people portray as a part of their normal lives. one word that was commonly used as an insult that started with an f and ends with a t for a homosexual has been pretty successfully removed from the modern vocabulary. there is no need to use others.

also, there is no need to insult people based on characteristics that have nothing to do with the issues you have with them.

i wouldnt jump on retreiver for it, he is just an old guy that doesnt know better.

Old 11-19-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its an inappropriate insult. we dont use insults that imply negativity to characteristics than many people portray as a part of their normal lives. one word that was commonly used as an insult that started with an f and ends with a t for a homosexual has been pretty successfully removed from the modern vocabulary. there is no need to use others.

also, there is no need to insult people based on characteristics that have nothing to do with the issues you have with them.

i wouldnt jump on retreiver for it, he is just an old guy that doesnt know better.
Okay. I have no idea what any of that means. It was not gay bashing any more than when people refer to him as Moscow Mitch implies he's a communist. I'm out.

Old 11-19-2020, 01:08 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Okay. I have no idea what any of that means. It was not gay bashing any more than when people refer to him as Moscow Mitch implies he's a communist. I'm out.
that depends on how you feel about communists.

things are different now. we like our insults to be actual negative characteristics of the target not mocking someone for a random characteristic that isnt actually an issue (and making it as if the characteristic is a bad thing when its a normal characteristic of many people).

maybe im not clear and maybe this makes me sound like a snowflake. i am probably the least sensitive person that i know when it comes to receiving insults but i do try to be respectful of others and i try to avoid homophobic (or maybe anti-women) insults.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 11-19-2020 at 01:25 PM..

Old 11-19-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I think he thinks the poster used “Miss” on purpose. I think he was using his microphone and said “Mitch” and it misunderstood him as saying “Miss.”

I’ve had a ton of typos when I use voice text rather than my fat fingers. I don’t always notice them in time to edit.

Old 11-19-2020, 02:31 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think he thinks the poster used “Miss” on purpose. I think he was using his microphone and said “Mitch” and it misunderstood him as saying “Miss.”

I’ve had a ton of typos when I use voice text rather than my fat fingers. I don’t always notice them in time to edit.

Nah, that's not what happened lol. He already acknowledged he was making a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey