Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:31 AM

31 posts, read 75,630 times

Advertisements

I start work in Middletown, NJ in a couple months so I am currently in search of a nice, one bedroom apartment, ~$1000/month that is somewhat near Middletown (maybe 15-20 min commute max). I am not very familiar with Middletown and the surrounding areas so I figured this would be a great place to get some guidance. So.. anyone know of any good places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM

In case 1000/month is a tad bit too low and to broaden my options, any places for about 1400/month that are maximum 30 minutes commuting distance from Middletown?

Old 04-20-2008, 04:20 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
Check out Thousand Oaks on hwy 36 in Atlantic Highlands. You can get a one bedroom for probably around $700 but there's usually a waiting list.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:33 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Check out Thousand Oaks on hwy 36 in Atlantic Highlands. You can get a one bedroom for probably around $700 but there's usually a waiting list.
thousand oaks is cheap but it is a pit, loads of crime and some undesirables, there is a new rental place on rt 36 just west of thompson ave that appears to be ok. Knollwood on kings highway is ok but might be priced too high.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:44 AM

I just moved from there a year ago and it wasn't anything like that. In fact it was quiet and clean, so not sure what you're talking about. Unless it just became that way but I doubt it because I still have friends that live there.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I just moved from there a year ago and it wasn't anything like that. In fact it was quiet and clean, so not sure what you're talking about. Unless it just became that way but I doubt it because I still have friends that live there.
ask the middletown police chief who had his apt there burglarized, maybe because you lived in there you don't realize how everyone else in the area views the place. In AH we had to pull down a basketball court in order to discourage the kids from there hanging out in our park. The maintenance is not very good and the place has many undesirables living there and while it is far from being like an urban ghetto it is not nicest place to live. Like I said there are a few much better apt. alternatives in middletown than this place

Old 04-21-2008, 07:57 AM

Thanks for your tips. Any other places worth mentioning? I picked up an apartment guide at a Wawa tonight and was surprised to find only a couple pages for Monmouth County. How are the Matawan, Eatontown, and Tinton Falls areas?

Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwist View Post
Thanks for your tips. Any other places worth mentioning? I picked up an apartment guide at a Wawa tonight and was surprised to find only a couple pages for Monmouth County. How are the Matawan, Eatontown, and Tinton Falls areas?
all those places are mostly good areas, but like anywhere there are places within them that are less desirable, rents could be lower than middletown. Try APP.com | Asbury Park Press | Monmouth and Ocean counties news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Monmouth and Ocean counties, NJ and view their classified for listings

Old 05-19-2008, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 8,902 times
not going to find too much here in that price range unless you want to live in keansburg which is really bad. look in matawan and keyport and youll find more of what youre looking for and they are just 1 and 2 towns further north of middletown.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
ask the middletown police chief who had his apt there burglarized, maybe because you lived in there you don't realize how everyone else in the area views the place. In AH we had to pull down a basketball court in order to discourage the kids from there hanging out in our park. The maintenance is not very good and the place has many undesirables living there and while it is far from being like an urban ghetto it is not nicest place to live. Like I said there are a few much better apt. alternatives in middletown than this place
Agreed, it's not the nicest place but you're not going to get the nicest for that price. I know the couple of cops that live there along with six of my friends, so it couldn't be that bad. I lived there for quite awhile and I know it did have a bad reputation and was a lot worse about ten years ago but it's not bad now. It's clean, close to everything and I never had any problems there. The maintentance guy would come within ten minutes of a call, so I don't know how he can do better than that. I needed a new frige, they gave me one, I needed a new hot water heater, brought it the same day. They also gave me a new air conditioner, even though mine was working ok. When I was looking for apartments, the others in the area were smaller, more expensive and I didn't think they were as clean. It's an apartment complex in Atl. Highlands, how bad can it be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey