Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 08:13 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Yeah but NJ has too many rich people with salaries I will never attain, which is why I am depressed about living here. I hate how everyone's doing better than me. Also, the East Coast has way too many rednecks. The pickup truck culture in NJ is horrendous. They eat up space, the pickup truck driver is either a handsome italian man or some fat redneck and they all speed and act macho especially when a light turns green where the road merges into one lane. Screw these people, I hope they lose their wonderful salaries and buy traditional SUVs but not Ford Explorers. Also, I didn't know women drive pickup trucks these days.
Your problem doesnt sound like its with rich people and rednecks, its anyone that indirectly helps you confirm that youre a beta-male. At least thats what it seems like.

You sound young and like you want to be rich without doing any of the work. You know thats not going to happen right?

Until you stop worrying about whos doing better than you, and worry only about how you can do better for yourself, moving out of NJ isnt going to help you.

No matter where you go, Im sure you will decide to pick out people that you can guess will always be better than you, just to feel sorry for yourself. Thats no way to live life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 08:15 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
In the world of counseling, we facetiously refer to potanta's plan as "a geographical cure".
Trust me... those with emotional issues--such as he displays--are never "cured" by changing their state of residence.
Yeah, its very apparent that his "Cure" involves alot of pro-counselling.

Old 01-02-2020, 07:35 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,489,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
In the world of counseling, we facetiously refer to potanta's plan as "a geographical cure".
Trust me... those with emotional issues--such as he displays--are never "cured" by changing their state of residence.
Are you the one who used the term "geographical cure" before? I was actually going to write a thread in the General US Forum asking if any geographical cures actually did exist when particular users have moved states. I love stealing your term.

Old 01-02-2020, 07:40 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,489,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You sound young and like you want to be rich without doing any of the work. You know thats not going to happen right?
I'll be fat and lazy and work at McDonald's and expect to become rich, move into a good house in central Morris County, buy a family pickup truck off from my riches, dangle my arm out the window, and drive like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
No matter where you go, Im sure you will decide to pick out people that you can guess will always be better than you, just to feel sorry for yourself. Thats no way to live life.
If I am complaining about New Jersey's horrifying redneck culture, then I should complain how Los Angeles girls are more beautiful than me with their beautiful blonde hair, their Hollywood looks, their massive breasts, and that they drive a convertible.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:20 AM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Are you the one who used the term "geographical cure" before? I was actually going to write a thread in the General US Forum asking if any geographical cures actually did exist when particular users have moved states. I love stealing your term.
I may have used that term in previous posts, but it is certainly not unique to me--so if you choose to use it, you would certainly not be "stealing it". Mental Health professionals have been using that term for several decades in order to describe futile attempts by neurotic people to improve their mental health by changing their state of residence.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:26 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
happy new year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey