Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 07:16 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times

Advertisements

Why did you even start this thread? It appears that you have no availability to physically visit any potential towns because you currently live in Europe and have no immanent house hunting visits planned.
You have asked for suggestions and then respond by saying that you can’t check them out. That is just a crazy and dismissive response.
It’s also dismissive to assume that you know more about water remediation than people who have spent years getting engineering degrees and certifications and actually have experience dong this.
Most telling, you still have not said thank you to a single helpful poster.
I think your issues are larger than finding a new house for your family. Please follow through on some of the excellent advise given in this thread by people who know more than you and try to be more grateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 07:21 AM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
It appears that you have no availability to physically visit any potential towns because you currently live in Europe and have no immanent (sic) house hunting visits planned.
Huh?

The OP stated that he currently lives "on the northside of Cranford".
I think that you are confusing this thread with a different one.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:28 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janxo View Post
Some of those are in Bergen? I know nothing about it but I'm slowly researching. We are temporarily living abroad so I can't physically go there. I have no clue how we researched Cranford, I'm not sure what to look for. .
The OP is living abroad so this is mostly an exercise in mental masterbation.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:49 AM

78 posts, read 83,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Huh?

The OP stated that he currently lives "on the northside of Cranford".
I think that you are confusing this thread with a different one.

Our house is on the north side, we live abroad atm

Old 02-27-2020, 07:58 AM

78 posts, read 83,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Why did you even start this thread? It appears that you have no availability to physically visit any potential towns because you currently live in Europe and have no immanent house hunting visits planned.
You have asked for suggestions and then respond by saying that you can’t check them out. That is just a crazy and dismissive response.
It’s also dismissive to assume that you know more about water remediation than people who have spent years getting engineering degrees and certifications and actually have experience dong this.
Most telling, you still have not said thank you to a single helpful poster.
I think your issues are larger than finding a new house for your family. Please follow through on some of the excellent advise given in this thread by people who know more than you and try to be more grateful.
Thank you for all of your help.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:01 AM

453 posts, read 345,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
No, my point is that you have spent your time in thread complaining about a great many things without thanking anyone for their thoughts or advice because of your own issues.

All lawns are soggy, all yards are too small, other towns are too expensive, developers put trash on the lots, trains are a joke, turned off from dog parks and so forth.

Someone even went through the trouble of finding an example of a house with a large yard and you said "I see your arguement, I think if someone isn't sensitive to design choices or layout, there are a lot more options." which implies that they have no taste.

As you said, "What value does your post even have. Why are you wasting my time." and my point isn't to change your mind but to let you know you're being incredibly rude and I am done with your thread since you're apparently never going to be happy. Best of luck.
This is the feeling I get from this thread as well. It does not appear that this poster is open to suggestions and just wants to bash the town they currently live in. If the whole town of Cranford is unacceptable, then people posted alternate towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey