Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 07:36 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
I suppose when you are elderly you are willing to tough it out. Survival of the fittest and all that?

i didnt make this decision. this decision was made before me and in regards to every illness that has come during and before my lifetime. we do our best to take care of the sick and we dont stop the world's operation over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 09:30 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,138,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
It's hard to do that when they're all sold out lol
Pretty much every news report I have seen has made it clear that paper face masks are useless anyway, unless you have one of those industrial masks with the cartridge filters.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,138,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i didnt make this decision. this decision was made before me and in regards to every illness that has come during and before my lifetime. we do our best to take care of the sick and we dont stop the world's operation over it.
I'm not noticing many people staying home. There was lots of traffic on 280 this morning, I could barely merge into my lane. I have also noticed an increase in NY license plates (of course driving 30 mph in the left lane). Maybe lots of people fleeing the city.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:04 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Pretty much every news report I have seen has made it clear that paper face masks are useless anyway, unless you have one of those industrial masks with the cartridge filters.
That is not true.

They prevent the spread of droplets through coughing and are very useful if you are sick.

And decrease the risk if you are healthy...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-facts-checked

Old 03-17-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I'm not noticing many people staying home. There was lots of traffic on 280 this morning, I could barely merge into my lane. I have also noticed an increase in NY license plates (of course driving 30 mph in the left lane). Maybe lots of people fleeing the city.
there were a good amount of people on the road by my commute this morning and yesterday evening were nice and light.

Old 03-17-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
if you are worried about the health system capacity then expand the capacity by just stop requiring prescriptions for medication so people can skip the doctors visit and treat themselves for other stuff, sell people flu tests. strep tests, etc. etc. so they dont have to go to the doctors office. let health care professionals carry out more tasks than they are currently limited to by regulation. reduce regulatory requirements for people to maintain their licenses and let people practice without licenses. let facilities operate with less of a burden that regulations force on them (like number of nurses per floor so you can free up nurses where they are needed more). the government has artificially reduced the capacity of the health system and we act like the solution is stopping the entire country to fit into the capacity rather than expanding capacity (i havent seen anyone mention it). the good news is that it would be really easy but the bad news is that it isnt going to happen.
i just want to point out that normally when i post this stuff above i get attacked and ridiculed for it. its interesting that in cases of emergency or various extremes certain extreme things i do/say dont seem so crazy. maybe its because nobody read it but usually at least a couple do.

ill just quickly recap that the government has artificially reduced the capacity of the health system and that should be fixed. not enough people are talking about that but hopefully the conversation will happen at some point soon.

i have various things i do to prepare for emergencies and while its not as much as id like to, its still more than most. during normal times people think im going overboard but nobody said that when we were talking about it last weekend.

Old 03-17-2020, 11:24 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,334,908 times
Quote:
i just want to point out that normally when i post this stuff above i get attacked and ridiculed for it. its interesting that in cases of emergency or various extremes certain extreme things i do/say dont seem so crazy. maybe its because nobody read it but usually at least a couple do.

ill just quickly recap that the government has artificially reduced the capacity of the health system and that should be fixed. not enough people are talking about that but hopefully the conversation will happen at some point soon.

i have various things i do to prepare for emergencies and while its not as much as id like to, its still more than most. during normal times people think im going overboard but nobody said that when we were talking about it last weekend.
Genuinely curious. How has the US actually reduced the capacity of the health system in terms of doctors/nurses/etc.? That I'm unaware of. However, the bed capacity in hospitals is not something artificial.

Old 03-17-2020, 11:30 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:

It's pretty funny that you're such a troll that if nobody has a reaction to your post, you are shocked by it.

Old 03-17-2020, 11:46 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,470,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
It's pretty funny that you're such a troll that if nobody has a reaction to your post, you are shocked by it.

he's a weird dude sometimes

Old 03-17-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
i will do what it takes to talk about what i want to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey