Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 06:11 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,489,523 times

Advertisements

So every place that means a lot to my life is basically gonna be closed

No Ulta and no gym until further notice. I need to get my haircut, but I felt my hair was too short this past weekend. I tried to call the Greap Clips near me (Parsippany). The map on their app showed that every Great Clips in suburban North Jersey was closed except for Maplewood. I called the hair salon near me and she said she's closed. The closest hair salon that was open was a Supercuts in Chatham and I called and said they were already going to close a half hour after I got out of work.

So I went to Harmon and bought a $20 hairclipper set and I might teach myself how to cut my own hair, but that's gonna be tough since my mom is quarantined from her job (schools are closed).

CVS and Walgreens are my alternative Ultas. No gym means I can exercise by enjoying the nice weather anyways by going hiking, hopefully hiking won't close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 10:02 PM

88,513 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Cuz that's what's really important.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:37 PM

23,258 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
So every place that means a lot to my life is basically gonna be closed

No Ulta and no gym until further notice. I need to get my haircut, but I felt my hair was too short this past weekend. I tried to call the Greap Clips near me (Parsippany). The map on their app showed that every Great Clips in suburban North Jersey was closed except for Maplewood. I called the hair salon near me and she said she's closed. The closest hair salon that was open was a Supercuts in Chatham and I called and said they were already going to close a half hour after I got out of work.

So I went to Harmon and bought a $20 hairclipper set and I might teach myself how to cut my own hair, but that's gonna be tough since my mom is quarantined from her job (schools are closed).

CVS and Walgreens are my alternative Ultas. No gym means I can exercise by enjoying the nice weather anyways by going hiking, hopefully hiking won't close.

Of all the horrible things that could have happened to you THESE were worth whinging about?

Homo sapiens is truly doomed if it considers these things important. What ever happened to shelter, water, food?

Old 03-18-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post

Of all the horrible things that could have happened to you THESE were worth whinging about?

Homo sapiens is truly doomed if it considers these things important. What ever happened to shelter, water, food?
Homo sapiens are truly doomed if it considers alcohol important. What ever happened to the drugstore makeup you can get at CVS or Walgreens lol.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:31 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
we need to focus on and science and space travel

Old 03-19-2020, 10:56 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Some really bad news for Potanta:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...eak-in-nj.html

Old 03-19-2020, 11:55 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
LOL

I keep my hair really short (almost military style), so there was a time when I was going to Supercuts every few weeks to maintain it. About 10 years ago I invested in a $40 set of hair clippers and taught myself how to cut my own hair. I did the calculation and I have saved myself over $2K over the past decade by cutting my own hair. Now I do it myself every 2 weeks.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
If these are all closed for an entire year of life, every man is gonna look like Tarzan unless we all buy clippers causing a clippers shortage besides toilet paper. Good thing I bought clippers and my dad also has too when he used to my cut my hair.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
LOL

I keep my hair really short (almost military style), so there was a time when I was going to Supercuts every few weeks to maintain it. About 10 years ago I invested in a $40 set of hair clippers and taught myself how to cut my own hair. I did the calculation and I have saved myself over $2K over the past decade by cutting my own hair. Now I do it myself every 2 weeks.
I paid only $19.99 for my Wahl's hair clippers at Harmon's. I don't have the money to constantly maintain a fade and plus my hair grows fast, so I go one month after the date I went anyways. I tried cutting my hair, buy everyone is home, so I am just doing a temporary trimming of my hair, so I don't embarrassingly look like Tarzan in public.

Old 03-19-2020, 12:28 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I paid only $19.99 for my Wahl's hair clippers at Harmon's. I don't have the money to constantly maintain a fade and plus my hair grows fast, so I go one month after the date I went anyways. I tried cutting my hair, buy everyone is home, so I am just doing a temporary trimming of my hair, so I don't embarrassingly look like Tarzan in public.
I do a 6 on top, 2 in back, and a 2-3-4 fade on the sides. Nothing fancy. Takes me 5 minutes tops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey