Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2020, 01:30 AM

23 posts, read 17,753 times

Advertisements

After getting the phone call from DOL, my UE claim status still stays filed, but now i have numbers for claiming benefits.

I will be attempting to claim my benefits throughout the week during my scheduled time https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...schedule.shtml

Last edited by Dynamite Shikoku; 04-14-2020 at 01:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 07:04 AM

11 posts, read 11,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Shikoku View Post
After getting the phone call from DOL, my UE claim status still stays filed, but now i have numbers for claiming benefits.

I will be attempting to claim my benefits throughout the week during my scheduled time https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...schedule.shtml
Great! How did you get them to reach out to you? Mine is still $0, Monetary Appointment on 5/26..

Old 04-14-2020, 08:49 AM

3,972 posts, read 4,253,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Shikoku View Post

Thank you for posting your update! Much appreciated.

My brother's claim still says, "Filed", but from everything I am reading here, he will just have to cool his heels for a while.

Old 04-14-2020, 10:54 AM

4,155 posts, read 4,171,306 times
My wife's claim finally approved. She filed on 3/22/2020. However, she is only approved for 21 weeks. I thought is will be 26 + 13 from CARES Act. Anyone claim benefit short change?

FWIW, she has worked continuously for 8 months before got laid off.

Old 04-14-2020, 05:29 PM

23 posts, read 17,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolreconlol View Post
Great! How did you get them to reach out to you? Mine is still $0, Monetary Appointment on 5/26..
I was never able to get in touch, always got a busy signal. I've been patiently waiting after filing, after 7 days had to fill out a covid application survey, few days later saw under the UE status screen that i was scheduled for a monetary appointment. again kept trying to call but always got a busy signal. then out of the blue got a call with no callback number that left a voicemail about my claim being valid and my monetary appointment being canceled. You may be in the same boat as me, i'd imagine in the few upcoming days you get a call from a restricted number and your monetary appointment canceled so long as you reported all earnings correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
Thank you for posting your update! Much appreciated.

My brother's claim still says, "Filed", but from everything I am reading here, he will just have to cool his heels for a while.
it's gonna be a waiting game, i was anxious before but still, waiting almost 4 weeks to be approved does suck, a lot. There are so many people filing claims for benefits that the state is not able to efficiently process the backed up load of claims being filed in a timely manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
My wife's claim finally approved. She filed on 3/22/2020. However, she is only approved for 21 weeks. I thought is will be 26 + 13 from CARES Act. Anyone claim benefit short change?

FWIW, she has worked continuously for 8 months before got laid off.
did she file immediately after getting laid off/fired? (did she file same day or waited a few weeks) take the gross amount and divide the weekly pay amount so it's gonna be gross/weekly on calculator which will give you the amount of weeks. I just calculated mine and it's spot on 26 weeks. The 13 from CARES i believe will be automatically applied after the 26 week benefits run out.

Last edited by Dynamite Shikoku; 04-14-2020 at 06:04 PM..

Old 04-15-2020, 07:11 AM

839 posts, read 1,208,946 times
I noticed they added info on what the status mean

*If your claim status is "filed" and there is a dollar amount in the WBR field, you should certify
for benefits according to the posted schedule on myunemployment.nj.gov.

*If your claim status is "filed" and there is a zero in the WBR field, more wage information is
needed to process your claim. Please check your Inbox for an email from e-Adjudication or for
an appointment for a telephone interview in the mail to request more information.

*If your claim status is "pending", additional information or a claims agent's review is needed to
process your claim. Please check your Inbox for an email from e-Adjudication or for an
appointment for a telephone interview in the mail to request more information.

*If your claim status is blank, we do not have a claim on record for you at this time. Please visit
myunemployment.nj.gov to file a claim.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:00 AM

19,033 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Wife's company "offered" to hire her section (marketing) back to work from home part-time. Their direct boss is trying to explain to the owner that this is pretty much an F-U to them as everyone else in the company would be home collecting unemployment while they'd be stuck working from home for only half-pay. Does the current situation allow any room to refuse this "offer"?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-15-2020, 12:40 PM

Djust got this

Dear Claimant:

We are pleased to inform you we have completed an automated review of your New Jersey Unemployment Insurance claim. You no longer need to speak with an agent. The status of your claim has changed. Please go online and check the status of your unemployment insurance claim here.

INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS/FREELANCERS/GIG WORKER/SELF-EMPLOYED WHO WERE DENIED UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS:

The regular unemployment insurance program was not designed to provide unemployment insurance coverage for this category of work. However, if you are an independent contractor/freelancer/gig worker/self-employed who was determined to be ineligible for regular unemployment insurance (the Weekly Benefit Rate on your claim status will read $0), you may be eligible for other recently created federal benefits, such as Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA).

Please visit our website -- nj.gov/labor -- for more information on how to qualify for federal benefits under the CARES Act. At this time, you do not have to do anything further. The Division of Unemployment Insurance will notify you when PUA is ready to be implemented. We are working with other states and the federal government to implement this new benefit program as fast as possible for the residents of New Jersey.

If you are eligible for PUA, you will receive retroactive unemployment benefits for the PUA program to Feb. 2, 2020, or whenever your business was impacted by COVID-19.

Further, anyone who is eligible for PUA is also eligible for a $600 weekly supplement (starting the week of March 29th) and for a 13-week extension of benefits beyond the normal 26 weeks. You do not have to do anything further. You will receive these supplemental benefits once the PUA process is complete.

IF YOU WERE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS:

If the Weekly Benefit Rate on your claim status contains a dollar figure other than $0, the next step is to certify for your weekly benefits at MyUnemployment.nj.gov. Though this process may be new to you, it is easily explained here.

Thank you for your understanding as the Division on Unemployment Insurance continues to address this historic volume of claims due to this ongoing public health emergency.

Sincerely,

Division of Unemployment Insurance

Old 04-15-2020, 12:41 PM

So essentially all us who got zero are just to sit here for a few weeks, not certify and just wait thety better keep us updated

Old 04-15-2020, 01:28 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,533 times
Thanks for that.
So the unemployment benefits for those paid on 1099 is called PUA.

Update:

I just checked my email and saw that I received the same email.

Sit and wait time.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey