Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2020, 12:52 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lreaves1 View Post
Has anyone been able to get someone in the phone? If so at what #?
I like most of you was approved due to my 3 children being out of school. Now that the system is letting me make my weekly claims I'm being told my money is not payable and I must speak to a rep. As you know calling non stop seems pointless but I have had no luck. I just need help contacting these ppl I'm freaking out I have children and funds are running low.

How are you being told your money is not payable?
On the website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 01:16 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,258,156 times
Spent hours on hold yesterday, trying to get through to Bank of America about my brother's debit card that never arrived. Never got to talk to a real person. I'll try again. I've noticed that some states' unemployment divisions have a dedicated webpage on the Bank of America prepaid card site. Maryland and Nevada both have that, but New Jersey does not. In Nevada, for example, I could request a replacement card on the website without having to speak to a person. Not in NJ, though! I guess the state didn't want to spring for the extra money to have a separate webpage.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:35 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,258,156 times
Update: Got through to Bank of America's CashPay Card phone line. I called again around 9 PM (Friday night) and was on hold for only about 5 minutes. A very nice man helped me, and is sending out a new card. (The old one was mailed weeks ago, never got activated and is presumed lost.) Just an FYI for anyone who calls on behalf of someone else: make sure the person you are calling for/about is with you, because the BoA reps can only talk to you once they ask some identifying questions of the other person, and get their permission to speak with you.

Hopefully, the card will arrive soon!

Old 05-10-2020, 06:59 PM

23 posts, read 17,757 times
7 weeks and still haven't gotten my unemployment benefits saying claims is unpayable can't get in contact either buy phone or email. I am good to go back to work this week on tuesday so i can make real money. NJ Government can go **** themselves. I don't give a **** about weekly $600+ stimulus on top of unemployment because guess what? They never released the funds for me to get it. I am back to work and the state of NJ can GFY. I can't wait until i leave NJ for good.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:56 PM

1,146 posts, read 859,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenantnjj View Post
I don't think so. I got the confirmation number, and I can login under "existing users login here". I got the
"how to certify" email a week ago.
They dont send a confirmation email when you first file your claim. They do send you something in the regular mail about 2-3 weeks later to let you know if you were approved.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:59 PM

1,146 posts, read 859,868 times
BTW, I heard from press conference that the 13 week extension should start the week of May 18, for those who already exhausted their benefits.

Quick question...IF I choose to work the polls on Primary Day (now in July), would that cause my UI benefits to end? I am signed up as a poll worker, but worried I'd lose my weekly benefits just by working the polls that one day.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:28 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Shikoku View Post
I can't wait until i leave NJ for good.
Go to Florida.
7/8 of those who filed for unemployment still has not got anything.

California and Texas still haven't paid 2/3 of their claims.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...story-70316002

Old 05-11-2020, 07:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,602 times
Has anybody here had the “your responses require manual review” and “please wait 5 business days” if so how long did it take for them to respond to you? I’m asking since I’m just past 5 business days and hoping I receive a response some time this week.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:49 AM

50,772 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
BTW, I heard from press conference that the 13 week extension should start the week of May 18, for those who already exhausted their benefits.

Quick question...IF I choose to work the polls on Primary Day (now in July), would that cause my UI benefits to end? I am signed up as a poll worker, but worried I'd lose my weekly benefits just by working the polls that one day.
I always thought they were volunteer positions, no?

Old 05-11-2020, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,089 times
So my status is filed with a $0 balance.

I know i do not qualify for regular unemployment benefits, but naturally should qualify for PAU as a business owner who was forced to close my business.

While Governor Murphy said PAU had started and emails have gone out, I have only received an email stating how to answer the questions and nothing else. I have also tried to file at the appropriate SSN time and received a message saying I can't do so.

Is anyone else in the boat of not qualifying for unemployment but qualifying for PAU and are in a similar position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey