Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 03:50 PM

19,113 posts, read 25,309,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Seeing what we are right now, I’m not convinced it would change anyone’s behavior.
Then we will have to agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 06:33 PM

5,065 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Then we will have to agree to disagree.
Wait... haven’t you been posting about all the people who aren’t distancing, aren’t wearing masks, are going to put everyone at risk because they want kids in school, but somehow they’re going comply with contact tracing?

Old 07-18-2020, 07:12 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Thank you for the "rep", but if contact tracing causes someone who was unknowingly exposed to a COVID-infected person to seek testing and--perhaps--medical attention, then it is anything BUT a waste of money.

Exactly. If you are contacted by a tracer and you end up testing negative, no harm done. If you test positive, then you take the necessary precautions. If you choose to continue to go about your daily life as if you were negative instead of positive, then you are endangering others. If you don't care about that, well shame on you.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:01 AM

19,113 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Wait... haven’t you been posting about all the people who aren’t distancing, aren’t wearing masks, are going to put everyone at risk because they want kids in school, but somehow they’re going comply with contact tracing?
I agree that there is a lot of truth to comedian Ron White's tag line of "You can't fix stupid", but perhaps stupidity can at least be... modified... during a public health emergency. The folks who are convinced that they are somehow immune to a COVID infection, and/or the people who still think that this is all a "Dem hoax" might decide to exercise good judgment if they were informed that they had been exposed to an infected person.

Maybe even this guy could have been saved if he had been notified of his exposure to an infected person:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ri...vid-face-mask/

But, then again, when you consider that his state--Ohio--has only done contract tracing on 10% of their COVID cases, it is likely that he would never have been notified of his plight.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:02 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Okay, this is good news! Let me know if there's a pay wall.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...share_btn_link

Old 07-26-2020, 04:05 PM

323 posts, read 575,089 times
its all about herd immunity

the shutdown has helped our healthcare workers and hospitals from being overwhelmed all at once

a continued shutdown will only prolong the inevitable

most people who are for continued lockdowns are all for extending unemployment benefits and additional monies given out by the federal govt

these very same people ( ive taken a poll of my own) all say they wont take the vaccine if one comes in the near future ofcourse because of their fear of sideeffects(understandable ) the truth is those very same people wont tell you all they really want is that stay at home paid(in many cases more money)vactions they are on

I have an idea for the next covid relief bill

lets reward all the ESSENTIAL WORKERS with more money and paid vacations and send all the non essential workers to do jobs that are necessary for everyones survival ,lets see how that works in their brains

their are PRODUCERS and NON PRODUCERS

im tired of paying for the NON PRODUCERS

Old 07-26-2020, 05:15 PM

5,065 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinman63 View Post
its all about herd immunity

the shutdown has helped our healthcare workers and hospitals from being overwhelmed all at once

a continued shutdown will only prolong the inevitable

most people who are for continued lockdowns are all for extending unemployment benefits and additional monies given out by the federal govt

these very same people ( ive taken a poll of my own) all say they wont take the vaccine if one comes in the near future ofcourse because of their fear of sideeffects(understandable ) the truth is those very same people wont tell you all they really want is that stay at home paid(in many cases more money)vactions they are on

I have an idea for the next covid relief bill

lets reward all the ESSENTIAL WORKERS with more money and paid vacations and send all the non essential workers to do jobs that are necessary for everyones survival ,lets see how that works in their brains

their are PRODUCERS and NON PRODUCERS

Sure, except that this isn't a vacation (or a vaction). I'm making less money than I was, and can't pay the bills without decimating my savings. True, I don't want the vaccination, but I have no problem being out there with the virus. It's a very low risk for me. It's even less of a risk for my kids. Let's get back to living.

In addition, unemployment is insurance, and I've paid into it by having money deducted from my paychecks for as long as I've been earning them. So get out of here with the 'I'm paying for non-producers' crap.

Old 07-26-2020, 09:09 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinman63 View Post
Yep, a lot of retail workers making more than they did in their job thanks to that extra $600/week (which just expired). Great for them to play video games while I have to work, and don't even to enjoy the money because Murphy closed everything.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:26 PM

323 posts, read 575,089 times
the extra 600 per wk are federal dollars ,tes iam paying for it

once again if you are a producer who has paid into the system I have no trouble with you or anyone collection e insurance

I have a problem with the extra 600 per wk that was allotted by the crazy dems to buy votes

2/3 of ppl on ue insurance are making more then when they were working ,that's no insentive for them to get up off their asses and get back TO WORK

Old 07-27-2020, 04:55 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
The CARES Act was assembled in haste, but had nonpartisan support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey