Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2020, 09:21 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,320,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midagegirl View Post
one thing I have read and also heard that works to heal the virus is heat such as hot tea or coffee heat kills the virus so I heard and salt also is good for viruses
Quote:
Originally Posted by midagegirl View Post
there are also anti viral foods such as cinnamon apples I google anti viral foods for a list.
You REALLY need to read this article. Perhaps it would curtail additional foolishness on your part.

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2020/04/a...9-opinion.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 09:48 AM

4,180 posts, read 5,059,059 times
I'd go easy on midagegirl - she came here looking for info...

Old 04-14-2020, 09:54 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Eff U, Captain, over 60 does not make us idiots. And we're not OLD, either. I've a mind to drive 20 minutes up the Parkway, hunt you down and beat your azz with one hand tied behind my back. I'm six feet tall with red hair (well, grey roots right now). You'll see me and wish you were rather seein' Jesus coming.
this reminded me of a recent conversation i had with a female friend. she was talking about self defense courses and how she knows a woman who can defend herself and she can somewhat because she has taken some classes. she indicated that she could successfully incapacitate a male attacker.

i think that this is a dangerous mindset for a woman. they would probably need to be pro level mma fighter to actually be able to incapacitate a man and stand their ground (and im still not sure). sometimes it seems like they think that if they kick a guy in the nuts, he is down for the count. the truth is that if a woman were to kick me in the nuts, that will likely only buy you a few seconds if you are lucky. i advocate for a stab and run for females trying to defend themselves (and screaming like maniacs). better to shoot if you can but its not likely you are carrying in nj.

Old 04-14-2020, 10:27 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I'd go easy on midagegirl - she came here looking for info...
Looking for info?
A review of her recent posts shows that she posted--word-for-word--identical misinformation in five other states' forums.
I think it is more accurate to say that she came here--and to other state forums--to disseminate her "I heard" misinformation, rather than to seek info.

She may have thought that she was being helpful, but the posting of misinformation--even if it was done in innocence
--helps nobody and has the potential to hurt people who rely on that misinformation, rather than on health-related information that is based on medical/scientific knowledge.

Old 04-14-2020, 10:56 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this reminded me of a recent conversation i had with a female friend. she was talking about self defense courses and how she knows a woman who can defend herself and she can somewhat because she has taken some classes. she indicated that she could successfully incapacitate a male attacker.

i think that this is a dangerous mindset for a woman. they would probably need to be pro level mma fighter to actually be able to incapacitate a man and stand their ground (and im still not sure). sometimes it seems like they think that if they kick a guy in the nuts, he is down for the count. the truth is that if a woman were to kick me in the nuts, that will likely only buy you a few seconds if you are lucky. i advocate for a stab and run for females trying to defend themselves (and screaming like maniacs). better to shoot if you can but its not likely you are carrying in nj.
I don't carry a gun and don't want one because I tend to be clumsy and would likely kill someone's pet or shoot off my own toe.

There are a lot of disadvantages to being a six-foot-tall woman, but one advantage is that I've never worried about having to defend myself in the first place simply because no one is going to choose me as their victim.

The closest I did come to having to defend myself was being married. My ex is 6'4", and as he got deeper into drinking and drugs he would become violent at times, but for the most part I learned how to dodge him. By the time I got him out of the house, I was terrified that I was going to kill him. I started thinking of ways of how to make it happen and get away with it, because there didn't seem to be any other solution. (He would threaten to take our daughter and disappear, and I knew he would if it came to it.) At the end, I was truly afraid I was going to snap and take a cast iron frying pan or something and just beat him and beat him until he went down and never got up again. All women have a kitchen full of weaponry.

That was more than 20 years ago. He picked himself up somewhat after the divorce, and we're pretty friendly now. He has no idea how close he came, though.

And we're way off-topic, so I'll just say my anger has subsided enough that I'd be sorry if he got the virus.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't carry a gun and don't want one because I tend to be clumsy and would likely kill someone's pet or shoot off my own toe.

There are a lot of disadvantages to being a six-foot-tall woman, but one advantage is that I've never worried about having to defend myself in the first place simply because no one is going to choose me as their victim.

The closest I did come to having to defend myself was being married. My ex is 6'4", and as he got deeper into drinking and drugs he would become violent at times, but for the most part I learned how to dodge him. By the time I got him out of the house, I was terrified that I was going to kill him. I started thinking of ways of how to make it happen and get away with it, because there didn't seem to be any other solution. (He would threaten to take our daughter and disappear, and I knew he would if it came to it.) At the end, I was truly afraid I was going to snap and take a cast iron frying pan or something and just beat him and beat him until he went down and never got up again. All women have a kitchen full of weaponry.

That was more than 20 years ago. He picked himself up somewhat after the divorce, and we're pretty friendly now. He has no idea how close he came, though.

And we're way off-topic, so I'll just say my anger has subsided enough that I'd be sorry if he got the virus.
i dont mind going off topic, its not like there arent a hundred active coronavirus threads on the forums now.

i have a wife and two little angel girls so their ability to defend themselves is very important to me so i dont want them to thinking that they have abilities that they dont have (and generally any woman because they all have fathers as well).

Old 04-14-2020, 11:33 AM

4,180 posts, read 5,059,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Looking for info?
A review of her recent posts shows that she posted--word-for-word--identical misinformation in five other states' forums.
I think it is more accurate to say that she came here--and to other state forums--to disseminate her "I heard" misinformation, rather than to seek info.

She may have thought that she was being helpful, but the posting of misinformation--even if it was done in innocence
--helps nobody and has the potential to hurt people who rely on that misinformation, rather than on health-related information that is based on medical/scientific knowledge.

Ah, ok.

I didn't know that she was doing that...

Old 04-14-2020, 11:55 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,143,006 times
I went grocery shopping today. There was a line of about 20-30 people waiting outside, none of which were keeping a 6 foot distance and nobody from the store was enforcing it. So the 50% capacity limit in stores is just another futile attempt for our fearless leaders to make it look like they have control over this virus.

Old 04-14-2020, 12:02 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,544,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I went grocery shopping today. There was a line of about 20-30 people waiting outside, none of which were keeping a 6 foot distance and nobody from the store was enforcing it. So the 50% capacity limit in stores is just another futile attempt for our fearless leaders to make it look like they have control over this virus.
The only store I've seen enforce it so far is Trader Joe's.

Old 04-14-2020, 12:09 PM

i went to lidl a couple of days go and i noticed that now they have an employee standing in the entry area. i assumed they were enforcing a face covering requirement but im not sure. the previous week they didnt have a requirement and most employees were not wearing face coverings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey