Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 11:11 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
It would've been easy if I remembered as I was viewing a lot of videos in that time and didn't make it a point to remember names.

I wished that I had the links and shut everyone doubting me up!

Anyone can post videos and say whatever they want on them.
Doesn't mean anything.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 11:21 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
Anyone can post videos and say whatever they want on them.
Doesn't mean anything.

If #44 would be in a video stating that the world would end today = then that would be believable to most here.

To most in NJ, it's "PROVE IT" but it has to be someone "we like or approve of" when the person word means diddly.

I wished that I had the links, but then again from my experience as a lifelong NJ resident for 58 plus years it would be a waste of time on the most part anyway.

That is all!

Old 04-15-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
If #44 would be in a video stating that the world would end today = then that would be believable to most here.

#44 would not make such a statement unless someone doctored up a video.

LOL.

And unlike the followers of #45, there are people who do use their brains such as the folks in South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore who were able to learn from the past to prepare for the future.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:55 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
It would've been easy if I remembered as I was viewing a lot of videos in that time and didn't make it a point to remember names.

I wished that I had the links and shut everyone doubting me up!

https://twitter.com/chrisbergPOVNOW/...0994821509121?

Old 04-15-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post

I don't see anything wrong in the linked CDC guidance.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

Is that Minnesota state senator actually doing his part in this pandemic in the emergency rooms?
Or is he sitting in his comfortable home and accusing the doctors of lying?

Old 04-15-2020, 01:40 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
This is right in line with what I've been saying is going to happen in our area, although I'm still sticking with my prediction of Christmas. The pattern is 2 more weeks, 4 more weeks, 6 more weeks, ....

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...rphy-says.html

Old 04-15-2020, 03:20 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
This is right in line with what I've been saying is going to happen in our area, although I'm still sticking with my prediction of Christmas. The pattern is 2 more weeks, 4 more weeks, 6 more weeks, ....

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...rphy-says.html

The goal of "flattening the curve" was to buy time, in order to get the level of medical services to be greater than the curve. Murphy has basically admitted that the rate of medical capacity growth is now satisfied -- so why delay the gradual reopening ?

Old 04-15-2020, 03:36 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
This is a REALLY long article, but what else have we got to do. It lays out some actual facts that point to the possibility (likelihood?) that this virus was made in a lab and accidentally released. I was less interested in that part: I was already convinced that was the case, but there's more that is fascinating and terrifying at the same time.

The author talks about various research, how this particular coronavirus differs greatly from previous ones, procedures that had been banned by the NIH, then reinstated, and the scientists behind some of the research. Would be interested in hearing what anyone thinks, if you can take the time to read all the way through.

For AnesthesiaMD, there was a part of the article that talked about the possibility of ADE - Antibody Dependent Enhancement. Would love to find out what your thoughts might be. It's been impossible to find any type of verification or hints of this that are in "layman's" terms.

Quote:
Beyond that is the fact that its affinity for the ACE2 receptor is somewhere between 10 and 20 times higher than SARS, and it also creates viral loads thousands of times higher than SARS. These two characteristics point towards COVID-19 using antibody-dependent enhancement, or ADE, to enter human cells. This is when the virus is able to hijack white blood cells or other antiviral proteins to more easily enter into the rest of our body’s cells, allowing it to seep deep into its hosts’ nervous systems, creating permanent neurological damage in the hosts it doesn’t kill outright. More supporting evidence that ADE is occurring with COVID-19 arrived in a paper from April 2020, which indicated that the novel coronavirus is targeting two different types white blood cells incredibly efficiently, especially compared to SARS which hardly binds to white blood cells at all in comparison. Since those types of cells have almost no ACE2 receptors, it appears that COVID-19 is using another method to efficiently enter those cells – with ADE at the top of the list of possibilities, although it’s not demonstrated here.
https://harvardtothebighouse.com/202...d-19-pandemic/

Old 04-15-2020, 03:55 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
Those of you that voted for Phil Murphy got what you asked for. A power hungry dictator willing to destroy
the state economy. Not for public safety, but simply for power and control .

He's willing to keep us prisoner until he deems it fit to crawl out from under the bed. This should be unacceptable to anyone.

We need to take a page from Michigan and protest these unconstitutional restrictions. He will destroy
the economy of this state if allowed to continue.

Who the hell is Murphy to decide how we live our lives. We should have choice, not mandate. Those of you
willIing to stay under your bed go for it. I choose to be free.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Those of you that voted for Phil Murphy got what you asked for. A power hungry dictator willing to destroy
the state economy. Not for public safety, but simply for power and control .

He's willing to keep us prisoner until he deems it fit to crawl out from under the bed. This should be unacceptable to anyone.

We need to take a page from Michigan and protest these unconstitutional restrictions. He will destroy
the economy of this state if allowed to continue.

Who the hell is Murphy to decide how we live our lives. We should have choice, not mandate. Those of you
willIing to stay under your bed go for it. I choose to be free.

Frankly, if you don't care about dying, why should we?

Go out and mingle with all those people with Covid-19.
You seem to think we care what happens to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey