Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2020, 05:36 PM

860 posts, read 1,336,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenantnjj View Post
Does anyone know where I can get Lysol spray and or disinfectant wipes? I am in Hudson county area
Try Nextdoor. In my community people are posting this info there. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 06:06 PM

18,456 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Well, that's good. I think my primary concern is how arbitrary this virus seems to be. If I could walk across the street to CVS and get tested, would that make me feel better? Not really. If I tested negative today, that doesn't mean I will test negative next week and until we get a vaccine, I don't see that scenario changing much one way or the other. But humans adapt, whether we like it or not .
Yes, but since people can be infectious for 14 days before having symptoms, and some people have mild or no symptoms, it would be good to test essential workers who dont have symptoms so they dont go around infecting other workers and patients or customers. Since there are not enough available tests, we are not doing that.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:30 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Yes, but since people can be infectious for 14 days before having symptoms, and some people have mild or no symptoms, it would be good to test essential workers who dont have symptoms so they dont go around infecting other workers and patients or customers. Since there are not enough available tests, we are not doing that.
No I totally get that and agree completely. It was more of a comment on the uncertainty we are all going to have to live with for the foreseeable future. Like I've said before, I can't imagine what you all are going through.

If you have a chance, look up the "howlers" cheering you guys on. I think it was in Wyoming. It was on the NewsHour tonight. Hilarious and heart warming.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:07 AM

50,706 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Some good news. Rutgers has developed a new saliva test that will allow testing of 10,000 a day, with results in 48 hours. They expect to roll it out next week.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...gn=coronavirus

Old 04-24-2020, 06:13 AM

18,456 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Some good news. Rutgers has developed a new saliva test that will allow testing of 10,000 a day, with results in 48 hours. They expect to roll it out next week.

Yeah, we got the email a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting for the tests though.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:15 AM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

That test was actually rolled-out last week at the Middlesex County COVID testing site in Edison. It is also in the process of being distributed to hospitals in the RWJBarnabas network.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:46 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Here’s my question about testing, though, if we’re relying on them to allow reopening. Wouldn’t it be impossible to do daily, continuous testing of every individual? And if you’re not testing daily, what’s to keep someone who tested negative on Monday from getting it and infecting twelve other people on Friday?

It seems to me the antibodies tests are more important right now, so we can see what percentage of the population is likely to be immune. (Although what if immunity only lasts a couple months?)

Old 04-24-2020, 07:10 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Here’s my question about testing, though, if we’re relying on them to allow reopening. Wouldn’t it be impossible to do daily, continuous testing of every individual? And if you’re not testing daily, what’s to keep someone who tested negative on Monday from getting it and infecting twelve other people on Friday?

It seems to me the antibodies tests are more important right now, so we can see what percentage of the population is likely to be immune. (Although what if immunity only lasts a couple months?)
That's my question, too. Testing is only a snapshot showing the situation at that moment.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:14 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
More data released today.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...across-nj.html

Old 04-24-2020, 07:27 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post

I like the listing of straight up numbers rather than graphs, and usually the APP has it, but I didn't find it today.

Did see this interesting story. This guy just died of COVID, and his twin brother died of Spanish flu as an infant.

https://www.app.com/story/news/natio...csp=chromepush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey