Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 04:55 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
Start disobeying away, because you called it. I’m with you there. https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04..._source=social
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
The simple fact is that neither tests are actually going to help the majority of population who have stayed indoors and are relatively healthy. What we need is a VACCINE!
I'm calling this one, too. There will not be a vaccine that is effective enough to virtually eliminate the virus the way we've gotten rid of other diseases. Similar to other coronaviruses - the common cold and the flu - which you can get over and over again, we are going to have to live with the potential of getting the virus.

I'm so done with this. That link shows him saying he wants to decide things statewide, even as he acknowledges that northern NJ is more populous and has different needs than other parts of the state. So much bull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 06:52 PM

820 posts, read 971,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Who is advising Murphy ? There is no reason to continue the lockdown for "several" weeks !
No reason at all. I live in Northern NJ, and I still think phase 1 should begin now. I am 22 and my odds of dying from this thing are very slim (it happens at my age, but not often). And to be quite honest, I’d rather live a good life and end up dying of COVID now than have barely any money and no life until there is a vaccine or whatever Murphy is waiting for. Let the people who are afraid and/or at risk stay home if they want to. The rest of us should have the option of going out, practicing social distancing and wearing a mask. It’s infuriating. THE CURVE HAS FLATTENED

Old 04-26-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapster View Post
Here's hoping it leads to him losing his reelection bid.
If Cuomo opens and Murphy doesn’t, he’s done for. I give it until June before riots start happening on a massive scale. And they’re well deserved when the unemployment rate is projected to hit 25% for the country in May. What a nightmare.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:53 AM

1,012 posts, read 785,071 times
Quote:
Yesterday in NYC, Central Park was packed. People were trying their best to socially distance, but they admitted that in some places it was hard to do. I had to leave the comments section in anger because we had leftists saying they need to be fined, we need to impose martial law, etc. If I’m living in a country where people want to impose martial law and fine people who just want to get some fresh air, I don’t want to live in that country. If those people are so afraid, then they can stay home. But they have no right to demand that everyone else do the same, and I’m glad to see so much agreement about this on CD.
It's honestly hard to social distance in public i had a lady bump into me at shoprite and she apologized i just smiled and said its okay. People are in a hurry in the store especially at wawa during rush hour (before work) we already touching carts with germs on it and atm machines,self checkout machines etc. I have liberals on facebook who feel like we should be in strict lockdown for 18 months or until a vaccine is created and Bernie supporters saying the govt should help us out with the free 2k. I told them first you want to destroy the country and businesses etc and if you feel unsafe stay home don't bother coming out the house.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:39 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Because I have an immune system deficiency and get sick often. Washing my orange doesn't affect you.
I would think an orange rind would be a really unlikely surface for microbes. But washing it won't hurt you I suppose.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:41 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
I've been thrown out of two parks while flying my model helicopter and god and the state of New Jersey willing, I'll be thrown out of a third one tomorrow. Ain't no way I'm spreading anything while alone in a field, and if the West Orange police and the Essex County Sheriffs Department have nothing better to do, well, I guess I'll waste their time coming after me.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:23 AM

My 15 year-old is starting to feel depressed. She doesn’t say it - maybe doesn’t even realize it, but I can see it. She’s spending more and more time in her room, is losing appetite, didn’t brush her hair yesterday... I finally went and sat on her bed and brushed it for her, like I did when she was little - and she let me. That’s scary.

I’m going to try and convince the parents of her friends to let them come over and spread out around the yard. Most probably won’t, unfortunately. I know two of the kids are only allowed in their own backyards. No biking or walking in the neighborhood. Hard to get back to normal when so many are still so scared.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
I've been thrown out of two parks while flying my model helicopter and god and the state of New Jersey willing, I'll be thrown out of a third one tomorrow. Ain't no way I'm spreading anything while alone in a field, and if the West Orange police and the Essex County Sheriffs Department have nothing better to do, well, I guess I'll waste their time coming after me.
I'll be doing the same. It's going to be 70 degrees on Saturday and Sunday. I'll be heading for my usual stroll in the reservation. Maybe I'll see you there. Closed parks be damned.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
My 15 year-old is starting to feel depressed. She doesn’t say it - maybe doesn’t even realize it, but I can see it. She’s spending more and more time in her room, is losing appetite, didn’t brush her hair yesterday... I finally went and sat on her bed and brushed it for her, like I did when she was little - and she let me. That’s scary.

I’m going to try and convince the parents of her friends to let them come over and spread out around the yard. Most probably won’t, unfortunately. I know two of the kids are only allowed in their own backyards. No biking or walking in the neighborhood. Hard to get back to normal when so many are still so scared.
I’ve been doing that with my best friend, and his parents are perfectly fine with it as long as we stay outside and far apart. If she and her friends have been strictly quarantining for over a month now, I don’t see any reason why they can’t start getting together in small phases while adhering to social distancing guidelines. Obviously that’s up to their parents, but at this point I don’t see the big deal. Don’t let the government keep your daughter from getting her life back.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I’ve been doing that with my best friend, and his parents are perfectly fine with it as long as we stay outside and far apart. If she and her friends have been strictly quarantining for over a month now, I don’t see any reason why they can’t start getting together in small phases while adhering to social distancing guidelines. Obviously that’s up to their parents, but at this point I don’t see the big deal. Don’t let the government keep your daughter from getting her life back.
If it were only up to me, it wouldn't be a problem. I'm sure some of it is cultural, too. All but one of her friends is Asian, and their parents are far more strict. Maybe they just love their children more than I do.

(That's a joke, just in case anyone might take that seriously.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey