Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 03:54 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
It must be humiliating to be a cop during all this.

They are very well compensated for what they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 04:33 PM

820 posts, read 972,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapster View Post
Good. Maybe I'll be at the next one.
I want to be at the next one also, but I live about 3 hours from Trenton and I never know ahead of time that they’re happening.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:55 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
Here we go. Sooner than I thought, protests are ramping up: https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...lockdowns.html
The way that they did that was very irresponsible. There's no good reason why they couldn't have spread out a bit or worn masks of some sort. They showed a complete lack of respect or concern for their fellow New Jerseyans. They don't care about the people who they may infect or have to care for them in a hospital. If their relative or friend hasn't become seriously ill or died, it means nothing to them.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:57 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Well honey, I spent the day chasing innocent people out of public parks.
They live for this stuff. They get to boss people around who have damn near zero chance of harming them, unlike a domestic call or even a traffic stop. The only thing better for them is smashing in a bridegroom's face for holding a wedding, and seeing the look in the bride's eyes as her day is ruined forever.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:58 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The way that they did that was very irresponsible. There's no good reason why they couldn't have spread out a bit or worn masks of some sort.
That would rather have defeated the purpose. You don't demonstrate your objection to a policy by following it scrupulously; that shows lack of conviction.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:12 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
That would rather have defeated the purpose. You don't demonstrate your objection to a policy by following it scrupulously; that shows lack of conviction.
It would have shown that they know how to respect someone's personal space and not throw the masses back into a lockdown. That display of idiocy only makes things worse.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:14 AM

48 posts, read 27,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It would have shown that they know how to respect someone's personal space and not throw the masses back into a lockdown. That display of idiocy only makes things worse.
No, it makes things better. The more people protesting this tyranny, the more pressure is put on the tyrants to loosen their grips on the reins. I'll risk getting the flu for that.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:24 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
If you’re objective to the state being closed, wearing masks helps your objective. The argument should be let’s reopen with masks and six foot distance. It’s when your agenda has nothing to do with re-opening and everything about blind resistance that you’d ignore the very things that would allow the economy to reopen. This is more about politics and people itching for a fight. Bunch of children saying “ you can’t tell me what to do”, and are part of the problem not the solution.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:24 AM

48 posts, read 27,644 times
>FACTS ABOUT COVID-19:
https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

--- RESEARCH ---

>Death rate 28-55 times LOWER than previously thought
Antibody testing results: COVID-19 infections exceed confirmed cases

>Infection rate 50x higher; making CFR much, much lower
Coronavirus Infections May Not Be Uncommon, Tests Suggest - The New York Times

>ALL Human coronaviruses are seasonal
>Common cold is a Coronavirus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

>Iceland CFR between 0.01 and 0.19%; Smaller population = Ability to test everyone = Real CFR revealed
Global Covid-19 Case Fatality Rates - CEBM

--- VIDEOS ---
>Doctor destroys Coronavirus narrative [CONSTANTLY REMOVED BY YT]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnOWdEIf6Yw

>NYC NURSE BLOWS WHISTLE ABOUT CORONA VIRUS HOSPITAL PATIENT TREATMENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyj0dMfFqOI

I'm so glad we tanked our economy over the flu. Every one of us should be protesting this lunacy.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:01 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,545,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
if you’re objective to the state being closed, wearing masks helps your objective. The argument should be let’s reopen with masks and six foot distance. It’s when your agenda has nothing to do with re-opening and everything about blind resistance that you’d ignore the very things that would allow the economy to reopen. This is more about politics and people itching for a fight. Bunch of children saying “ you can’t tell me what to do”, and are part of the problem not the solution.
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey