Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 04:08 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Are you suggesting that my trips to the grocery store are preventing people from working or you being able to see your family?
No my point is people are living without work or seeing family, sacrifices are being made.. you could live without fresh fruit to avoid going to a store during a pandemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 04:46 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
No my point is people are living without work or seeing family, sacrifices are being made.. you could live without fresh fruit to avoid going to a store during a pandemic.
I used to go to the grocery store 2-3 times per week. Now I go once about every 10 days. So I consider that a compromise. It is important to maintain personal health. You can't just eat boxed rice and pasta for months on end. You also have to support the farmers that are growing this produce. With businesses and schools shut down they are losing a lot of business and destroying tons of food.

Old 04-18-2020, 04:54 PM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
I used to go to the grocery store 2-3 times per week. Now I go once about every 10 days. So I consider that a compromise. It is important to maintain personal health. You can't just eat boxed rice and pasta for months on end.
+1
Instead of my usual 2-3 times per week visits to ShopRite, I now go there about once every 8 or 9 days.
Instead of my usual once per week visit to Costco, I now go there only when I really need to, which is ~every 10-11 days.
Many things are somewhat of a compromise right now, in regard to our diets. Being flexible in regard to our dietary choices--while still maintaining a healthy regimen--is now necessary.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:02 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,385 times
Quote:
I used to go to the grocery store 2-3 times per week. Now I go once about every 10 days. So I consider that a compromise. It is important to maintain personal health. You can't just eat boxed rice and pasta for months on end. You also have to support the farmers that are growing this produce. With businesses and schools shut down they are losing a lot of business and destroying tons of food.
Good points, could always go frozen. again, not ideal but what is these days?

I guess I'm just used to people making excuses to leave the house. My response has been "instead of a virus killing 2,500 people a day, what if 2,500 people were being abducted by aliens every day... would you still feel it was necessary to leave the house for xyz.."

Old 04-18-2020, 10:23 PM

32,920 posts, read 36,316,341 times
My son has done everything that he possibly can to stop me from going to a supermarket. I haven't been to a store in a month. He goes out about every ten days or so and buys perishables and whatever else he can find.

I don't really miss grocery shopping - I used to love it - but he's a bit disorganized and forgetful. What about the peppers, cottage cheese or ricotta, lettuce? I don't know what he couldn't get or forgot. I want cookies and I don't feel well enough to bake any.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:15 AM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
According to the most recent polls, the majority of US voters do not want to rush into the "re-opening" of the country:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...poll-says.html

Old 04-19-2020, 10:41 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
According to the most recent polls, the majority of US voters do not want to rush into the "re-opening" of the country:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...poll-says.html

No. We don’t. Not rocket science. It’s not safe.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:41 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
Instead of my usual 2-3 times per week visits to ShopRite, I now go there about once every 8 or 9 days.
Instead of my usual once per week visit to Costco, I now go there only when I really need to, which is ~every 10-11 days.
Many things are somewhat of a compromise right now, in regard to our diets. Being flexible in regard to our dietary choices--while still maintaining a healthy regimen--is now necessary.
Same here. I usually go to the store every other day. I am not in the habit of doing large grocery shopping trips, especially because in normal times, I'm only at my home fifty percent of the time. I am trying to go now not more than once a week.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:45 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
No. We don’t. Not rocket science. It’s not safe.
No, it isn't. My well-meaning family and friends all felt it necessary yesterday to make sure they forwarded an article informing me that the Canada/USA border restrictions have been extended another 30 days, as if I need them to tell me. I expected it, and I expect it will be extended again and maybe again and again. I hate it, but I also do not want to cart a virus up to my significant other. Infecting the one you love, especially when they already have a heart condition, doesn't make for a good relationship.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:48 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, it isn't. My well-meaning family and friends all felt it necessary yesterday to make sure they forwarded an article informing me that the Canada/USA border restrictions have been extended another 30 days, as if I need them to tell me. I expected it, and I expect it will be extended again and maybe again and again. I hate it, but I also do not want to cart a virus up to my significant other. Infecting the one you love, especially when they already have a heart condition, doesn't make for a good relationship.
Exactly. Until we get widespread testing, we can’t reopen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey