Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 11:03 AM

88,579 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I just got a text that confirmed this for Saturday.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...l-29-2020.html
I will be happy if the county parks reopen. I was walking in one regularly before they closed, and every time I was there, people WERE maintaining social distancing rules. The paved walking path is about ten feet wide, and if you used the wooded path, and someone was approaching the other way, one of us stepped off to let the other pass. People joked about it, but they did it. I was surprised and disappointed when they closed.

I walk around here, but it's getting boring, and I am happier and more at peace walking through the woods. I do realize not everyone shares that joy.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:07 AM

332 posts, read 174,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I will be happy if the county parks reopen. I was walking in one regularly before they closed, and every time I was there, people WERE maintaining social distancing rules. The paved walking path is about ten feet wide, and if you used the wooded path, and someone was approaching the other way, one of us stepped off to let the other pass. People joked about it, but they did it. I was surprised and disappointed when they closed.

I walk around here, but it's getting boring, and I am happier and more at peace walking through the woods. I do realize not everyone shares that joy.
how do you know the social distancing rules are even right? do you think that just because you are 6 feet away means you have 0 risk?

over 300 people died yesterday. This makes you comfortable?

Imagine San Francisco 23 have died. Are there parks open?

Last edited by raytodd; 04-29-2020 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
how do you know the social distancing rules are even right? do you think that just because you are 6 feet away means you have 0 risk?
I never think I have zero risk. But I will go by the advice of medical and science experts who recommended the six-foot minimum over some Internet rando who can't even locate a shift key.

Quote:
over 300 people died yesterday. This makes you comfortable?
What a nasty and obnoxious thing to say.

Quote:
Imagine San Francisco 23 have died. Are there parks open?
Their, not there. I have no connection to San Francisco. It is irrelevant to New Jersey as far as our situation here goes.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:37 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
Quote:

I have discovered two tennis backboards during my driving around where I can play by myself. I will use them as long as I don't have to share .

Old 04-29-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I never think I have zero risk. But I will go by the advice of medical and science experts who recommended the six-foot minimum over some Internet rando who can't even locate a shift key.

What a nasty and obnoxious thing to say.

Their, not there. I have no connection to San Francisco. It is irrelevant to New Jersey as far as our situation here goes.
Why is it nasty to not be concerned that over 300 died yesterday. I am trying to urge everyone to use extra caution. I for one walk at a high school which is relatively deserted. or I just look like an idiot walking back and forth in a small backyard.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Why is it nasty to not be concerned that over 300 died yesterday. I am trying to urge everyone to use extra caution. I for one walk at a high school which is relatively deserted. or I just look like an idiot walking back and forth in a small backyard.
What was nasty was your accusation that I was not concerned that 300 died yesterday. I know a number of people who have died of this thing.

I do not need any urging from you to use extra caution, thanks.

It's obvious that your primary objective on this forum is to try to get people to agree with you about what certain politicians should and should not have done. That's not my focus.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
What was nasty was your accusation that I was not concerned that 300 died yesterday. I know a number of people who have died of this thing.

I do not need any urging from you to use extra caution, thanks.

It's obvious that your primary objective on this forum is to try to get people to agree with you about what certain politicians should and should not have done. That's not my focus.
i do think certain politicians acted too late. But I only now want all to remain safe.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:50 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
I realize it is early, but since the Governors of both NY and NJ have both hinted that they have a re-opening plan in mind for when the time is right, I figure there should be an optimistic thread on here to discuss our opinion and facts on when, how, and in which order everything eventually gets the green light to reopen. Facts we already know is that it will be a slow process, in phases. Gov Cuomo of NY says he will re-assess the situation to begin re-opening on May 15. Coincidentally our Gov has recently extended school closures until at least May 15, but has said that he really wants to try hard to reopen schools by the end of the school year if at all possible.

Some unanswered questions: Will the Gov coalition actually choose schools as the first to reopen? If not, which type of businesses will they reopen first when the time is right? How long will it take to reopen everything (once the reopening process begins), aside for large concert venues (which most likely won't reopen at all until there is a vaccine)? How long can small businesses afford to stay closed until the point of no return? Lastly, will NJ be able to enjoy this summer at all, even if we have to follow social distance guidelines?
So im not a nj resident but right across the way in NY.

Schools need to open first because childcare is a huge issue if schools remain closed & ppl are going back to work

Old 04-29-2020, 01:02 PM

820 posts, read 972,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I just got a text that confirmed this for Saturday.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...l-29-2020.html
I saw. So exciting. People can’t blow it though, or he will reverse it in a second.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:03 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,134 times
Golf courses may reopen soon. Frankly, I’d rather see my hair salon open first, even on a very limited basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey