Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2020, 06:31 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's the perfect choice of words. It means he doesn't know until more unfolds and he is not going to risk saying something more definite now that he will have to back out of later.
Like the weather reporter saying chance of rain. They're covered either way if it rains or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 07:08 PM

668 posts, read 470,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
The Governor said today that it will still be several more weeks until NJ can begin reopening. But saying "several more weeks" still doesn't give us any indication of a timeline. Does several more weeks mean 3 weeks? Does it mean 4 weeks? If it means 4 weeks, then why not just say we are about a month away from reopening? It is a poor choice of words. Meanwhile, our infection rates and hospitalization rates are starting to decline, so the Governor needs to start being a little more optimistic. Meanwhile parks in Jersey City are reopening next week, DMV plans to reopen around May 12, and some municipal courts are also reopening in May according to NJ Supreme Court. Therefore, NJ is technically starting to slowly reopen now, despite Murphy leaving these items out of his daily news conferences.

I enjoyed listening to Cuomo a little more today because at least he said that parts of NY can probably begin reopening on May 15 (starting with manufacturing and construction). He also promises that there will be "summer activities" in NYC this summer. Although he was vague, he sounded more upbeat than Murphy.

DMV -- probably not. They only announce every 2 weeks that they are extending 2 more weeks. I'm betting they will extend again on May 11th.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:47 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Like the weather reporter saying chance of rain. They're covered either way if it rains or not.
I once read that meteorologists have a 60% accuracy rate. What other job gives you that kind of leeway?

Well, politician maybe.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:44 PM

820 posts, read 971,538 times
Quote:
The Governor said today that it will still be several more weeks until NJ can begin reopening. But saying "several more weeks" still doesn't give us any indication of a timeline. Does several more weeks mean 3 weeks? Does it mean 4 weeks? If it means 4 weeks, then why not just say we are about a month away from reopening? It is a poor choice of words. Meanwhile, our infection rates and hospitalization rates are starting to decline, so the Governor needs to start being a little more optimistic. Meanwhile parks in Jersey City are reopening next week, DMV plans to reopen around May 12, and some municipal courts are also reopening in May according to NJ Supreme Court. Therefore, NJ is technically starting to slowly reopen now, despite Murphy leaving these items out of his daily news conferences.

I enjoyed listening to Cuomo a little more today because at least he said that parts of NY can probably begin reopening on May 15 (starting with manufacturing and construction). He also promises that there will be "summer activities" in NYC this summer. Although he was vague, he sounded more upbeat than Murphy.
Murphy and “optimistic†don’t belong in the same sentence. We’ve flattened the curve like he asked us to, and we’re still kept under lockdown until we can get an insane number of tests. He keeps changing the goal of the lockdown and prolonging our suffering for his own interest. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is actually planning to wait for a vaccine but keeps extending the date in small increments to avoid massive civil unrest and rioting.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:16 PM

50,704 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
Moderna and JNJ are already in human clinical trials for the vaccine. MSM spreads way too much misinformation and fear rather than strategies to help tide us through
-antibody testing is worthless, just today WHO released clinical trial where pt with antibodies got reinfected
-testing for CV is viable but that would involve testing daily or every other day not worth it
-social distancing, tele working for as many businesses that can is the way to go until vaccine is available
Vaccines are based on antibodies effectively causing immunity. If they don’t a vaccine can’t work.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:30 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I once read that meteorologists have a 60% accuracy rate. What other job gives you that kind of leeway?

Well, politician maybe.
glad you asked!!!!!!

the person who estimates cost and time to complete for state and local infrastructure projects.

If compared to a meteorologist the exponential cost and time overruns of the original estimate would be like the weatherman tells us it will be sunny and warm for the next week and instead we get hit with a blizzard of biblical proportion and a 1000 year flood with multiple tornado touching down.

So glad you asked!

Ah, but the question is who is the problem, the weatherman of the person to whom they report? Ah, an elected official! and to whom does the elected official report???? Ah, the voters!

Old 04-27-2020, 09:53 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:

Murphy is clueless and has no plan. That's why he just keeps repeating the same thing over and over, day after day. He doesn't know what the next step is. There is no end game in his mind. I know people don't want to believe that, but I have been saying it over the past month and it is becoming more and more apparent as time goes on. Those polls about his high approval rating are mind boggling.

I usually change the channel when I see him on TV. As I've said before, his whole "cranky old guy" demeanor is painful to watch.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:16 AM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
As I've said before, his whole "cranky old guy" demeanor is painful to watch.
I guess that explains why his approval rating is now 70%...

Perhaps you would like him more if he starting advocating that people ingest disinfectants.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:19 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I guess that explains why his approval rating is now 70%...

Perhaps you would like him more if he starting advocating that people ingest disinfectants.
By posting this comment I assume you are among the 70%. So tell us why you approve of a guy that has no plan to move forward. Clearly I am in the 30% minority, so what is so great about this guy that I must be missing. Specifics, please.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:24 AM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
By posting this comment I assume you are among the 70%.
So tell us why you approve of a guy that has no plan to move forward.
You really need to become better-informed:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...to-expect.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey