Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 12:48 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
drug use is everyone's right. who cares if other people are using drugs?
Well drug users become drug addicts. Drug addicts steal to support their habit. Users drive while impaired and cause accidents. They have overdoses and use medical and police services which may be needed for non drug related emergencies. They engage in a myriad of high risk behaviors that can harm innocent bystanders (ie: accidental fires, contagious diseases)They cause pain and suffering for their families and can endanger children in the home. They don’t pay their rent and other bills cause financial harm to their landlords and other creditors.
They enter drug treatment programs which are expensive, whether public or private funded, and have a low recovery rate.
I just don’t believe you don’t care if your wife or children use drugs like cocaine? How about their babysitters or your doctor, bus driver or contractor? I think you try to be a contrarian just for the fun of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 01:57 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well drug users become drug addicts. Drug addicts steal to support their habit. Users drive while impaired and cause accidents. They have overdoses and use medical and police services which may be needed for non drug related emergencies. They engage in a myriad of high risk behaviors that can harm innocent bystanders (ie: accidental fires, contagious diseases)They cause pain and suffering for their families and can endanger children in the home. They don’t pay their rent and other bills cause financial harm to their landlords and other creditors.
They enter drug treatment programs which are expensive, whether public or private funded, and have a low recovery rate.
I just don’t believe you don’t care if your wife or children use drugs like cocaine? How about their babysitters or your doctor, bus driver or contractor? I think you try to be a contrarian just for the fun of it
this is some of the most ridiculous drivel ive ever read. its amazing how prohibition has bred such insane levels of ignorance. "drug users are the devil!" "drug users steal and dont pay their rent!" what a bunch of crap.

drug users here in monmouth county never bothered me. i couldnt care less if they do all the drugs that they want. if there are negative consequences, that is for them to deal with. if they commit crimes, then they should be punished accordingly.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:37 PM

968 posts, read 1,141,441 times
foodyum, just add CaptainNJ to your ignore list.

Old 05-25-2020, 03:53 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
drug use is everyone's right.

I must have missed that part in the Constitution .

..................God I hope you're not a Lawyer?

Old 05-26-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post

I must have missed that part in the Constitution .

..................God I hope you're not a Lawyer?
Check the 9th amendment

The question is, where does the Constitution give the government get the right to prohibit drugs? Remember when the government prohibited alcohol consumption, they passed an amendment to the Constitution to do so because they knew that the government didn't have the right to do it.

So by US law drug prohibition isn't the government's right. However, even without the Constitutions support, it's still our right. It's a natural right and it's the same everywhere on earth.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 05-26-2020 at 06:29 AM..

Old 05-26-2020, 07:30 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Check the 9th amendment

The question is, where does the Constitution give the government get the right to prohibit drugs? Remember when the government prohibited alcohol consumption, they passed an amendment to the Constitution to do so because they knew that the government didn't have the right to do it.

So by US law drug prohibition isn't the government's right. However, even without the Constitutions support, it's still our right. It's a natural right and it's the same everywhere on earth.
I swear you and foodyum are twin sons of different mothers!

Old 05-26-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
oh, someone doesnt like the 9th amendment. i think retriver recently used that in a goofy manner saying something long "duh is it your right to walk around infecting people with coronavirus duuhh."

its pathetic to see people just looking to give away their rights to the government and making the silly claim that rights not listed in the constitution explicitly arent our rights. not only is that wrong but it actually says you are wrong right there in the constitution you think you are using to defend your silly position:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Old 05-26-2020, 10:51 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
I swear you and captain are brothers from the same mother.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I swear you and captain are brothers from the same mother.
im not familiar at all with you and G1 seems like a cranky old jerk to me. i dont really see many similarities between us. im a nice guy.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:06 PM

175 posts, read 282,285 times
You can find a plethora or different drugs basically anywhere, but Ocean county has more of a problem with drugs than Monmouth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey